PDA

View Full Version : arm slap

jamestheron
March 6th, 2005, 06:17 PM
could anyone tell me why they think my strings are hitting my arm after string and cable change i'v never had a issue with this befor till today i have a real clean form and open stance and bent arm so i know it's not me i am shooting real good too it just bums me out

Jose Boudreaux
March 6th, 2005, 09:22 PM
if your forearm is turned into the bow string I think you will still get some slap no matter if you are bending your arm

your knuckles should be turned 45 degrees out instead of being parallel with the riser

hope some of that helps, there is pic on here but I have NO idea where it is showing the proper grip, alos make sure the grip stays to the thumb side of your life line.......JB

jamestheron
March 6th, 2005, 11:09 PM
nothing has changed in my grip or form it's somthing that happend when they changed the strings and cables i just dont know what could cause this i asked the shop about it they said to bring it up so thank anyway hope they can get it right.

steve hilliard
March 6th, 2005, 11:16 PM
your new strings are probably not the same length, so your draw is a little longer, did you check your Ato A and brace height?

Josh Gendron
March 6th, 2005, 11:19 PM
If they put a faster string on it will vibarte more. This can cause a arm slap in the later part of the shot seq. try to turn your wrist out just a little bit that seams to help me that or just put an arm gaurd on if you are shoting that good.

Unk Bond
March 6th, 2005, 11:29 PM
could anyone tell me why they think my strings are hitting my arm after string and cable change i'v never had a issue with this befor till today i have a real clean form and open stance and bent arm so i know it's not me i am shooting real good too it just bums me out

Well i had this Black Max and Conquest bow. that would give me slap till i put rubber cat whiskers on the string.

Well i couldn't see how this could help .But that was the end of my slap.

Try the cat whiskers
Hope this helps
Later
Unk :)

Roland
March 7th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Ditto what Steve Hillard said................

Jorge Oliveira
March 7th, 2005, 10:16 AM
What they said...

jamestheron
March 7th, 2005, 11:07 AM
string was to long some ajustment all good now thanks guys

quantumx
March 7th, 2005, 04:20 PM

For what it worth.

I did had some arm slap from a too tight center seving, were the too tight arrow nock is pulling the sting too much forward.

I did had some arm slap from a bad syncronized cam,(not at is best position) were the string is too loose at rest., low pondage bow have same effect, or not enouph prebend limbs...(maybe to long of a sting.)

I had arm slap from a bit too long of a draw lenght. (maybe 1\8 to long)

I had arm slap from a verry accurate bow any way I tune it to avoid it., but with a V bar it is ok.

Some shooter said, arm slap is normal if you have a good form.

To make a story short...you have arm slap, your form is good, and you are shooting good, wear an arm gard.

Look like your srting and cable are not the same lenght as your old one.

Glad you find it out.

marc.