PDA

View Full Version : new to archery

gemmni
March 6th, 2005, 07:51 PM
im new to the sport. i bought a jennings black lightning bow last year and i have been slowly working on setting it up. i was target shooting about 3 weeks ago and i was shooting low right. i was wondering how to fix this problem?

jamestheron
March 6th, 2005, 08:13 PM
ajust the sights follow your arrow if your shooting right move the sight right if your shooting left move it left and if your shooting low move it down and so on

njshadowwalker
March 6th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Depending on what arrows your shooting and what weight etc....

Set the bow to hit dead nuts on at 10 yards. This way it shows less user error. The same pin should be dead on at 20 yards as well. Simple rile i follow is to never move a pin unless im positive its the bow and not me causing the miss. In other words i will let my pin be off for as much as a weekl just to verify that each day the result is still the same. After a week i move the pin. Alot of people move pins every few sessions and wonder why they never shoot accurately. When my bow is setup i never ever have to move the pin. I mean even years later unless i change the string or rest etc or some component.

artemesia
June 25th, 2005, 01:52 PM
I'm also very new to archery & picked up a used black lightning I'm waiting to have shipped. I cant find any info about it at all on the net. How do you find the bow?

Dodgedude
June 25th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Follow your arrow while setting pins