PDA

View Full Version : sring loop or ultra nock?

arctic hunter
March 6th, 2005, 10:50 PM
would you guys prefer the string loop or an ultranock? i tried a release for the first time this year due to a problem with target panic, and planned to play around with one for a little longer.

how does an ultra nock affect your bow? i know if i dont do one or the other, i'll be replacing the serving every 6 months.

thanks for the help!
AH

Archersteve
March 7th, 2005, 01:47 AM
String Loop, ultra nock damages the string after time, slows down the arrow, and is like a bullet if it works loose and comes off during a shot. ;)

hansel
March 7th, 2005, 03:53 AM
I agree with archerysteve, string loop all the way.

Reverend
March 8th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Yep... what they said. Ditto & Amen ;)

njshadowwalker
March 8th, 2005, 07:59 PM
String loop. Easier to replcae and no metal pieces to fly off the bow should sumtin break.

cuttingedge
March 8th, 2005, 08:53 PM
String loop for sure. I also put a tied in knock above the loop to insure it won't move.

low12
March 8th, 2005, 10:21 PM
String loop for sure, safer and faster. If you will wax about one inch of the loop on both ends before you tie the loop, it will pull down tighter and not move.

Good luck

Tn10point
March 9th, 2005, 08:27 AM
String loop all the way ;)

archer2_2
March 9th, 2005, 10:09 AM
String loop for sure. I'm in full agreement with the reasons mentioned above and also ease of relpacement. It can be replaced in a few minutes without any tools except maybe a lighter.

SirWilliam
March 9th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Loop for sure! Same reasons as above...also a buddy had one fly off while on our hunting trip...not a good time for that to happen (not there is ever a good time). Fortunately I had extra loop in my gear and I tied him one on in no time. He became a string loop convert right then and there!

stahlt65
March 9th, 2005, 05:19 PM
In case all these other guys cant convince you I will give my .02
STRING LOOP!

Dan71
March 10th, 2005, 06:00 AM
With everyone recommending the string loop, Can you direct me to a web site that will walk me through the procedure for installing a string loop.
BTW do you all recommend a string loop over a string loop on the release for target/field shooting.
Thanks,
Dan C

Deezlin
March 10th, 2005, 11:33 AM
String Loop, ultra nock damages the string after time, slows down the arrow, and is like a bullet if it works loose and comes off during a shot. ;)

Same thought!!!

Jorge Oliveira
March 10th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Can you direct me to a web site that will walk me through the procedure for installing a string loop.

This site was made by Jari, a regular here in AT (very nice, BTW):

http://user.tninet.se/~yqk278c/D-Loop-Web/index.htm

Predator
March 10th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Not even close - no question

alwinearcher
March 10th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Not even close - no question
yep string loop is much better, I have tried the other, and will never go back.

Ak_Mathews
March 10th, 2005, 02:36 PM
String Loops are just ll around better....Ultra Nocks are good for little kids just starting with a release cause it's easy for them to use....loop is the way to go though....

Adam Barrett

fatboy111
March 10th, 2005, 05:43 PM
String Loops for all the reasons mentioned. Bob Ragsdale just published a good arcticle in Achery Mag this month.

rw bowhunter
March 13th, 2005, 12:21 AM
if you ever hit your arm with the ultra nock youll definitely wish for the loop

matt menke
March 13th, 2005, 01:08 AM
string loop all the way!!!!!!!!! ultra nock made my bow noisey and hurt the hell out of my forearm. I took it off after 10 shots.