PDA

View Full Version : Climbing stick question

swampghost
October 31st, 2011, 06:22 PM
Here's the deal...I bought 4 Leverage sticks (got a good deal on them) and just set them up for the first time. I have watched the You-tube videos of these guys getting 20 to 25 feet up with Lone Wolf sticks. It's like they run up the tree. After getting the stand hung...and a few issues with a lineman's harness..it wouldn't adjust ...Icrawl down and look at the set-up. I'm about...oh I guess 16'. In all fairness, the 4th stick is above the stand to be used as a handhold. My question is, will I get better with more practice and getting more familiar with it or do I need to ditch the idea now and buy a ladder?

double o
October 31st, 2011, 07:27 PM
In order for me to get 20+ feet with Leverge sticks i had to add another stick. Now with my LW Sticks i only have 4 (because of weight) and added a small webbed strap to the bottom stick. I did this so i can mount the bottom stick at chest height and then put my foot in the webbed strap. I also had to mount the stand above the last stick in order to get above 20'. Here is the link for the web strap idea (post# 44 page 2). Thanks cbigbear for the idea.

cornfedkiller
October 31st, 2011, 07:37 PM
In order for me to get 20+ feet with Leverge sticks i had to add another stick. Now with my LW Sticks i only have 4 (because of weight) and added a small webbed strap to the bottom stick. I did this so i can mount the bottom stick at chest height and then put my foot in the webbed strap. I also had to mount the stand above the last stick in order to get above 20'. Here is the link for the web strap idea (post# 44 page 2). Thanks cbigbear for the idea.

You forgot to post the link..

double o
October 31st, 2011, 08:31 PM
You forgot to post the link..

:doh:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1608406&page=2