PDA

View Full Version : Arrow spine question

Tautog Rich
March 7th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I have a 1995 Xi Nemesis set at 70 lbs with a QAD dropaway. 29" draw, but am shooting now with an overdraw due to the QAD positioning on the riser, so my arrows will end up being about 26 1/2 inches. I shoot beman ICS Camohunters in 340 size. If I cut my arrows to that length, will I then have to change arrow size? I do not want to be overspined, or have problems tuning my broadheads, even though they're slick tricks 125 gr. like my fieldpoints. Thanks all you knowledgeable types, I may be opinionated, thank goodness ignorance never stopped me from airing out my thoughts! :D

Jorge Oliveira
March 8th, 2005, 07:31 AM
According to the Easton shaft selector program you will be slightly overspined, but still in the .340 range.

Tautog Rich
March 8th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Thaqnks VERY much for taking the time out to reply. Out of curiosity, what is the next size "down" as I think I ought to give it a try...izzit 400? TIA---Rich

Jorge Oliveira
March 8th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Next carbon size down is 400. Some arrows have intermediate values - the Epics are 370 (but marked 340....)

Get the free Easton shaft selector program here:

http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloads/

and have fun!

Tautog Rich
March 8th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Hmmm...so maybe I should get one of each and try them out...interesting info on the Epics...kinda strange that they'd mark their "370" as a "340" though. I will look for both, and thank you, kind sir!