PDA

View Full Version : LX questions

pbwhite
March 8th, 2005, 12:14 AM
my 2 week old LX had a brace height of 6 4/8 today so I followed some advice from another post and twisted both ends of my string and my cable to get it to 6 5/8. Now my brace height is perfect but the axle to axle is now 35 3/8. Also, my string is pressing pretty hard into the top supressor. Should I leave it alone since my brace height is right or is there something I can do to get them both correct. What should I do?

P.S. my timing holes are parallel to the string

steve hilliard
March 8th, 2005, 01:01 AM
I cant help you but someone here should, try Daniel Boone or Sagecreek they are Mathews guys and know the bow well. or try Mathews site.

SpazAttack
March 8th, 2005, 06:58 AM
On the LX BH is more important than ATA. Get your BH right on the money and let the ATA fall where it may. All measurements should be taken @ max poundage - relax the limbs (limb bolts backed out 7 turns) when pressing.

Measure rotate repeat... ;)

Daniel Boone
March 8th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Should shoot fine. Actually I have seen them shot both ways. Dean Pridgen didnt like the string hard into suppressors and he shot his with brace heigth off a little. Both ways isnt a big promblem.

Williamtell
March 8th, 2005, 03:10 PM
The brace height and axle to axle measurements are approximations. They don't need to be exact. (As per the Mathews manual) I just tuned my LX yesterday and found that if I go below 35 1/8 a2a, my brace hieght is too low. Hope this helps.

archer2
March 8th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I had similiar issues with my Lx after installing a winners choice set-up on it. The incorrect ATA will cause excessive wear on your top string suppressor, and it will get a groove in it pretty quickly depending on how much you shoot.
If you can live with that, I would leave it alone if all your other measurements are in. Just checking, but you did take all your measurements with the limbs bottomed out right? Mathews are designed to those specs with the limbs bottomed out.

EPLC
March 9th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Shortening the string and cable will increase BH as you posted. This will take pressure off the string supressor, not add it. You should be in better shape now, not worst.

Another thing to consider with the LX is the string/cable rollers. If the BH is too short the string can jump the roller. Keep at least 6 5/8" for BH and this won't be a problem.