PDA

View Full Version : Paper tuned, now what?

roto4_00
March 8th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Well, I've paper tuned my Protec and it's shooting pretty good. I was wondering what the next step is in having the most forgiving bow possible. I'm looking for every single edge I can get. Thanks for the help.

hansel
March 8th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Practice :D

njshadowwalker
March 8th, 2005, 09:22 PM
See how your bow shoots a bare shaft.

Paper tuning is pretty much as much as you will need. AS long as the arrow is leaving the bow properly the rest is up to your form and shooting ability.

bfisher
March 8th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Now it's time to get a bare shaft flyig like a laser out to 35 yards. Get that and your mind can rest that you have a very forgiving setup.

BIG ARCHERY NUT
March 9th, 2005, 11:20 AM
roto4_00,

After I paper tune I do the Walk Back method. You put a vertical tape line on your back stop. Start at 10 or 15 yards and shoot at the line. Keep walking back and shoot at the line. Go out as far as 40-50 yards. Your impact should be on the line. If as you walk back your arrow impacts to one side or the other you need to move your rest to get the arrows impacting on a staight vertical line. If as you walk back and shoot your arrows start hitting left of the tape move your rest slightly to the right. Opposite if they hit right. Your arrow may not hit the tape because your sight will be off but they must be on a straight vertical line from 10 -50 yards. Once you get them on the vertical line adjust your sight.

I have a two cam target bow so now I creep tune. I won't go into that. You can do a search and see what that does.

Good Shooting,
Bill