PDA

View Full Version : monster yoke serving

flag
November 10th, 2011, 06:26 PM
when you guys build yokes for a monster do you serve the part that goes around the side of the cam

Andy.
November 11th, 2011, 07:24 AM
. Just the 4" in the middle with 4" open loops on each end. I have not built a set in a whole but I am pretty sure this is correct.

Andy

tuckcut
November 11th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I just did one, just serve the 4inch in the middle.

flag
November 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
k thanks i might try to serve it and see what it looks like but i dont think it will fit into the grooves cant do nothing till my serving gets here i forgot today is a holiday

Deezlin
November 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM
k thanks i might try to serve it and see what it looks like but i dont think it will fit into the grooves cant do nothing till my serving gets here i forgot today is a holidayIt is about impossible to serve the loop because of the yoke length and the length of the loops. Besides, I don't believe it will fit the grooves. Have you ever consider serving them with 8125?

Vortex69
November 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Is there any bundle or strand twisting involved prior to serving that 4" segment? If not, and every thing is straight, do you install the loops on the cam with no twists or would it be a good practice to fold the loop in on itself a couple of times to get some twisting?

flag
November 11th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I have never messed with 8125 I just started building strings I have a buddy with a monster that going to be one of my test dummys lol I just want to make it look good and hold up too will 20 strands of trophy hold up for the yoke? Its an 80lb bow I made the strings and cables out 24 strands

Deezlin
November 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I have never messed with 8125 I just started building strings I have a buddy with a monster that going to be one of my test dummys lol I just want to make it look good and hold up too will 20 strands of trophy hold up for the yoke? Its an 80lb bow I made the strings and cables out 24 strands
I would save him for last. You will be OK with the 24 strands on the main cable and the string. I personally would not mess with the yoke cables unless they need changed. Of course, you have no way of telling if the yoke cables are the same length, but I would check the timing of the bow and adjust. Then I would take each cable off and measure them and duplicate.

If you want to change the yoke cables, you can use white 8125 like a serving over the yoke ends. You might also use Trophy tag loop serving to serve the ends of the yoke cables.

flag
November 14th, 2011, 08:32 PM
well i just made one of the yokes and i used 24 strands of trophy and served around where it goes around the side of the cam and it seems to fit in the groove pretty good got to do the other loop then the center it was a pain to serve but i think its going to look nice when its all done

flag
November 15th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Well 24 strands fit around the ends of the cams but it wounldnt around the ring in the center dropped to 20 strands and 0.14 halo and it fits now and I serverved the ends with string material instead of serving material and they turned out pretty good