PDA

View Full Version : center shot and pin placement

ar 34 canuck
March 9th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Hello there

A bit of a problem here

Last night was shoot night for the local league. I resurved my bow and thought i would take advantage of "The new tunning area" whoopee.
after bare shafting (indoors) out to twentey yards (two inch groups between felteched and unfletched arrows) i sighted in and i have noticed that my pins are to the outside of my string to rest alignment when looked at from behind ( lot more than usual ). Is this much of a concern? I'm currently changing a lot of things on my bow and my form (not my bow hand placement) (switching to back tension).

Any help would be kewl (cool)!

here is my setup
AR 34
29"
28" arrow
62 lbs
5575 gt hunters
75 grain screw in points
drop away rest
d loop
zap hunter release

PS are the easten nocks ok to shoot for the gt arrows (they are shorter than the standard gt nocks)

Thanx
Brain

fatboy111
March 10th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Where your arrow tunes will dictate where your pins will lie. I would not worry about it if they are shooting/grouping well. You can do a search on here for 2nd and 3rd axis leveling to help properly align your sight if needed.

60Xbulldog60X
March 12th, 2005, 02:14 PM
It is true that your third axis could cause your pins and center shot not to line up together. Also you could possibly not have the correct arrow spine selected for your setup. It has been my experience in the past that if you have the correct arrow spine and correctly set up your third axis, and your pins and center shot still do not line up together you most likely have a small draw length problem. For example, if you are a right handed shooter and your pins line up to the left of your center shot, then most likely your draw length is a little too long. For a left handed shooter your pins would line up to the right of your center shot if your draw length was too long. If your pins lined up to the opposite sides of center shot described above, your draw length would be too short. Also in my experience shooting a bow a little too short, your pin and center shot alignment would not be as great as shooting a bow too long for you. IN SUMMERY: Draw length has the greatest effect on pin to center shot alignment than anything else I have encountered, being that you have correct arrow spine and sight correctly set up.
I hope this will help you correct your problem. I am possitive that it will.

60Xbulldog60X
March 14th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I may not have expained one thing very clearly, so I will clarify. If you shoot a bow a little too short for you, your centershot to pin alignment would not be off as much as shooting a bow too long for you. I hope this will clarify. Let me know what your outcome is.
Later,
Kendall

Hollowpoint
March 15th, 2005, 01:09 AM
All depends on where you anchor at. If you are on the outside of your face, as opposed to inside (where your naturally right in line with the string) your CC to sight pin will be different. You can either get over it being out of line, or change your anchor....either way will still be accurate. ;)
.....and yes Easton nocks are fine with GT's....thats what I use. :smile:

These new smileys are weird! :confused: