PDA

View Full Version : Low nock point

1HEAVYARROW
March 9th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Put a new WC string on my bow last week. Shot it for a week (a few hundred shots), tuned it yesterday. To get a bullet hole tear I had to move my nock point to 1/4" below level. I'm shooting a Hoyt Magnatec, Command cam (I think,... it may be a Versacam), set at 66# at 29", Trophy Taker rest, ICS 340's cut to 30", I also use a d-loop. I'm getting perfect tears at 5,10 and 20 ft. My bareshafts are also hitting perfect out to 20ft. My arrows are grouping well out to 50yds, and my flight looks good. I believe my rest is timed correctly, it's coming up in the last 2" of my draw.

I've done a search on here and can't find any similar situations. Is my nock point low because of my fall away rest? My arrow flight is good, so I'm not to concerned. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Jorge Oliveira
March 9th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Are your cams in sync?
Out of sync cams can do that, and the new cables could have taken your cams out of sync..

Do a search on creep tuning to time your cams.

1HEAVYARROW
March 9th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Jorge-my cables are inside the timing marks on the idler wheel. I'll do a search on creep tuning, but I still can't figure my arrow flight. Tomorrow I'm shooting my fixed blades to see how they fly. Thanks, Brent.

Dave Nowlin
March 10th, 2005, 01:41 PM
I'm going back to advice I gave someone else. When you tie the Trophy Taker into the bus cable you must tie it in 5 inches below the launcher arm. In tying on this far down you minimize distortion of the bus cables route. If you tie in 2 or 3 inches blow the launcher arm your bus cable is drawn in toward the riser by a considerable amout. The effect this has is like effectively shortening this bus cable. Another point is try to time the launcher to come up during the last inch of draw cycle. This will also help to minimize distortion of the bus cable as less tension will be applied to it. Truthfully if you can find a way to attach it to your cable slide you will be better off as that way both cables will be affected equally so as not to play with the timing of your bow. The only problem with this is you may have fletching contact problems with the draw cord.
Dave Nowlin

nccrutch
March 10th, 2005, 03:05 PM
My Hoyt also seemed to look "noc-low" when it was paper tuned for bullet holes. it did shoot my field tips and broadheads nearly the same out to 40yds.

i tried diff timing setups as shown on here by javi and the like, but nothing changed unless i lowered the noc below level.

1HEAVYARROW
March 10th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Dave, thanks for the info., kind of makes sense. If the connecting rope to my rest is to short, what kind of rope do I use in its place? Going downstairs to check my bow, I'll let you know what I find. Thanks, Brent.

Dave Nowlin
March 10th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Your bow shop should have some of the material string loops are made of. Just buy a piece about a foot long and you will have plenty to do what you need. :)
Dave Nowlin

fatboy111
March 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Do as already suggested. On a two cam system, you should be able to creep tune to pull the nock back up towards zero, or slightly above. Good luck.

1HEAVYARROW
March 10th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Dave-my cord was tied off near level with my launcher. Didn't have a piece of cord long enough so I'll stop at the shop tomorrow. Noticed cables were starting to wear at the cable gaurd, hopefully it's just the Xcoat wearing and not the cable itself. I'll check tomorrow when I install the cord. Thanks a bunch for the help, Brent.