PDA

View Full Version : Drop Zone and Blazer Vanes

NKYBOWHUNTER
March 9th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Hello Gentleman, I have my drop zone rest set up according to spec per trophy ridge. I recently started shooting the blazer vanes. I honestly cannot tell myself if I am getting any contact. I know my center shot is on and everything else is good. But today while shooting I noticed arrows entering the target at slightly different angles. I'm hard to tell if the scuffs on the launcher are from the arrow being drawn accross they rest or if it is my vane ever so slightly hitting on release. It was quite windy today when shooting so I'm sure that could have played a part.

Do any of you have experience with this style drop away and blazer vanes? What did you do? My only thought now is move the drop cord up the cable a quarter inch or so more so it will drop out of the way faster if it truely is hitting. But, before going through that, any other Ideas on how to check and be sure it is actually hitting.

Thanks in advance!

Jerry/NJ
March 9th, 2005, 08:50 PM
I am shooting the Blazers and the Drop Zone also and no contact at all.
Take some lip stick or something similar and put it on the vanes (a stripe acorss the vane) and shoot it and look for lip stick on the rest and where on the vane it hit. Then you can plan your adjustment.

NKYBOWHUNTER
March 9th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Good Call Jerry...thanks for the tip!

Take care!

Dave Nowlin
March 10th, 2005, 02:21 AM
I will give you the same advice Mike Carter gave me. Untie the pull cord and simply have it sticking through the middle of the bus cable. Purposely pull it through far enough to make the rest come up early and come to full draw without tying the cord in. Then let the bow down and pull about 1/16 inch of cord through the bus cable to obtain just a little more tension and tie it off. Next make sure you shoot with the cock vane up and you should have no problems.
Dave Nowlin

Roland
March 10th, 2005, 09:53 AM
The rest allows you to be able to move it forward and back over 1/2" I've used this to get optimum tune. Other than that what Jerry said is the correct way to check for vane clearance. FWIW I use Blazers and a dropzone with no contact.

Hollowpoint
March 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I have some Blazers that I shoot with my DZ, and I dont get any contact either......I shoot cock vein out. That way I dont have to rotate them to shoot them off of my flipper. ;)

mstein26888
March 10th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Do you use the string accessory that comes with the Drop Zone, it is some type of cable clamp that hooks to the cable and allows you to move the rest without retying.

PM me if you have an experience with that.

Thanks and didn't mean to hijack the thread

Hollowpoint
March 10th, 2005, 02:40 PM
No I dont use it.
I just burn the end, mushroom it out a bit, poke it through the cable, shoot it while I time it where I want it to be, and then serve it in. :)
I dont tie them in with the cord, beacause they are a B^%$# to get untied again. :rolleyes:
I have never had one burned, and mushroomed come out, or cut the cable. :cool:

oggie2635
March 11th, 2005, 01:59 AM
another good way to check for contact is to put foot powder all over the rest and shoot a arrow. if there is contact you will see the powder rubbed off at point of contact.

johnc
March 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM
As stated above,I shoot the DZ w/Blazers at 4 degree offset and vane out. The lipstick and arrow entry indicate no contact. It's a great matchup and when you get it comes together.....ya just shoot n' smile.