PDA

View Full Version : Parker hunters mag ..grouping?

ftshooter
March 10th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I can not get my parkers hunting mag to group very well ..and was wondering if other people had this problem . As I have had one other guy who had be shooting for 20 yrs tell me he could not get his to as well.He said he sold it for that reason. I am not trying to knock parkers ..just wondering if it is just me or maybe issues ..This is like an 03 model ...8-10 in groups @ 30yrds is all I can get out of it ..And My other hard cam bows I can get 3-4 in groups pretty easy..Thanks, for any help..

Weezer
March 10th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Well could you give us a little more information.

What is the draw lenth?
What is the draw weight?
What Arrow are you shooting?
What weight point?

Have you tried paper tuning?

IMHO
I would think it is an arrow spine issue or a bow tuning issue.

Weezer

ftshooter
March 10th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Arrows are gold tip 33/55
bow is 60lb limbs set at 55
I tried a few other arrows easton epic and just some I have laying around played with bow lb as well ..changed tip from 75 -100 gr

Cheeseburger
March 10th, 2005, 09:45 PM
what is your draw length? arrow length ? sound like arrows might be a little underspined.

ftshooter
March 10th, 2005, 09:51 PM
25in draw ....26 on the arrows

I do need to add ..after I got it the string stretched so, I took it back and the guy twisted the string to bring it back right . At least it felt right..

Weezer
March 10th, 2005, 09:52 PM
I would recommend going over the bow. Make sure arrow rest is set right and that you arent have any clearance problems.

Weezer

Weezer
March 10th, 2005, 10:16 PM
IF you twisted the string to adjust for sting stretch you will need to readjust the nock point.

Weezer

Cheeseburger
March 10th, 2005, 10:24 PM
I would go over all of the set up again as well. We sell a lot of these bows and they are nomally really dependable and accurate. Re-set nock point, check center shot and fletching clearance and go from there.

ftshooter
March 11th, 2005, 06:04 AM
I will start all over ...If you sell these and have no trouble then it must be me..Thank you, guys very much..

Devilfan
March 11th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Check for fletching contact. Don't assume it is clearing EVER without doing a powder test.

KIT-HAN-NE Flinger
March 12th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Howdy fellow hunter mag owner.Had same trouble couple times. One reoccurring problem I had was my cable guard kept working itself loose and my groups would go from great to not so good.Wrench ter' down hard and would stop then come back finally rotated rod and never happened again.next time I figured out I wasnt shooting a heavy enough tip went from 75grn. to 90 or 100 and they fly great again.I love mine shoots great. I couldnt get used to handles rubber or wood so I took it off put some moleskin on the bare riser and nice and comfy.Just keep tryin' you'll get it.And love it. :D

jca
March 12th, 2005, 08:32 PM
my parker huntermag drives tacks at 30 yards..never had any tuning problem at all..you need to check all specs,it sounds as if your tiller may be off..bottom out the limbs and then back them out evenly..call Doug in Parker customer service if that doesn't help..

kodiak
March 12th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I had one for several years, and it shot great for me. Bust nocks and group very well out 40 and 50 yards. I think you having a tuning issue. Double check your noc set and your center shot.
Goodluck.

ftshooter
March 12th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks some more ..Hey JO 3 ..now that you said that about the cable guard I remember that was lose once. I will check it .. I have had other bows that the shop didn't tighten down or came lose as well ...I bet that is at least part of it ...

Jacko
March 13th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Definately sounds like tuning issues! I usually start by setting center shot 3/16" out from center, 1/8" hi on nock, then paper tune just to see how close. I'm thinking your arrows are probably underspined too :confused: . This has been a common mistake I have found shooting Parkers, actually, carbon arrows. One other thing that comes to mind, the rubber grip. Have found that being rubber, we have a tendancy to torque the grip more? In hunting we wear a glove so its not as noticable. Just some thoughts.

Wow, I just checked my TAP, and it says your arrows are to stiff? with 75gr tips. Better with 100gr.

xTravisx
March 13th, 2005, 09:35 AM
yeah, just checked TAP too. If you can handle 57 pounds is says they are ok.