PDA

View Full Version : helical and biquit?

zechoos
March 10th, 2005, 09:34 PM
been told not to use this combo.i had a chance to get a doz carbons brand new real resonable but they were r/h helical. i use the low profile sonic brodhead and was told to go back to 4 degree offset. used to shoot the two blade magnus thats why i used to shoot r/h helical for a while to help stablize my arrow flight. any wayi shot the sonics through the bisquit with the helical and they seem to fly well but was told they will through off sometimes with this combo. havent checked speed yet to see how muchits slowing it down. go back to 4 degree offset? what do you guys know about this. thanks

zechoos
March 10th, 2005, 09:42 PM
forgive my spelling on post,16 straight at work does something to the thought train.

BDHUNTR
March 10th, 2005, 10:02 PM
I have been shooting helical-fletched arrows through my WB since I first put on one my bow five years ago and I have had zero problems. If anything, I believe the WB actually "accelerates" the effect of helical fletching as it passes through the bristles. If you aren't seeing any problems, I would not switch to offset.

zechoos
March 11th, 2005, 05:28 AM
thanks bdhuntr, when i first shot them through it i expected a lot of probs after a few shots but they seemed to be hitting ok. think ill leavem as is for now and continue shoting since its not season right now. if i notice probs later then ill change giving myself time to get tuned back in before season comes back in.

Duke12
March 11th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I do it with no problem.