PDA

View Full Version : Cybertec, TT problems

Dusty Britches
March 11th, 2005, 08:23 AM
A while ago, I changed my Cybertec Cam 1/2 24-25 inch draw length to the Cam 1/2 25.5 - 27 inch draw length. New Winner's Choice strings. I have the same Trophy Taker fall away on it.

I haven't got to shoot it much, but the first time I shot it, I tried to paper tune it. It was tearing left, indicating arrow contact, but I couldn't figure out where, so I left it alone. Then I shot a 3D tournament, most shots were left, which is very unusual for me.

Then next week, I shot and noticed that my fletching was curling and on a couple of arrows, the nock end was splitting. I looked at the TT and tought it was dropping too fast - almost immediately. I put a new rope on it and adjusted it to where it drops in the final inch - 1.5 inch of travel. Paper tuned it - just a slight left tear, but not enough to create concern.

So I shot last night. After warming up, the first arrow at 38 yards went about 8 inches high, clipped my fence board and shattered. I moved up to 20 yards. Here's the sequence:

Second arrow, 8 inches high, slightly left
3 - 7 inches high, slightly left
4 - 7 inches high, slightly left (almost RHooded it)
5 - 6.5 inches high, slightly left
6 - 6 inches high, slightly left, but when I pulled it, noticed a bad split in the nock end. Threw that one out.

Now I'm down to 5 arrows. I was thinking several reasons for this new problem -

1. Arrows are underspined and too short for my new 26.5 inch draw length (includes a .5 inch loop) The arrow rests on the point's insert.

2. Still contacting with the rest.

What is your advice?

Thanks,

hansel
March 11th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Did you start from the beginning, reset the tiller, centershot, cam timimg, drop away timimg, all that needs to be set first, then I'd move to paper tuning. After getting it paper tuned then resight the bow.

Ian
March 11th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Put the new cams on right. Didn't put any spacers in wrong side or anything.

JAVI
March 11th, 2005, 04:54 PM
A while ago, I changed my Cybertec Cam 1/2 24-25 inch draw length to the Cam 1/2 25.5 - 27 inch draw length. New Winner's Choice strings. I have the same Trophy Taker fall away on it.

I haven't got to shoot it much, but the first time I shot it, I tried to paper tune it. It was tearing left, indicating arrow contact, but I couldn't figure out where, so I left it alone. Then I shot a 3D tournament, most shots were left, which is very unusual for me.

Then next week, I shot and noticed that my fletching was curling and on a couple of arrows, the nock end was splitting. I looked at the TT and tought it was dropping too fast - almost immediately. I put a new rope on it and adjusted it to where it drops in the final inch - 1.5 inch of travel. Paper tuned it - just a slight left tear, but not enough to create concern.

So I shot last night. After warming up, the first arrow at 38 yards went about 8 inches high, clipped my fence board and shattered. I moved up to 20 yards. Here's the sequence:

Second arrow, 8 inches high, slightly left
3 - 7 inches high, slightly left
4 - 7 inches high, slightly left (almost RHooded it)
5 - 6.5 inches high, slightly left
6 - 6 inches high, slightly left, but when I pulled it, noticed a bad split in the nock end. Threw that one out.

Now I'm down to 5 arrows. I was thinking several reasons for this new problem -

1. Arrows are underspined and too short for my new 26.5 inch draw length (includes a .5 inch loop) The arrow rests on the point's insert.

2. Still contacting with the rest.

What is your advice?

Thanks,

You want to run it up to the house tomorrow I'll fix it....

Dave Nowlin
March 12th, 2005, 08:21 AM
I believe I can explain the high part. A few years back I tried one of the peeps with the rubber umbilical. I set up up so the rubber didn't stretch at all until maybe the last half inch of draw cycle. I got it shooting good that way, then switched to a Fletcher Tru Peep. Guess what, my point of impact changed on the vertical axis but stayed the same on the horizontal. I said to myself how did that happen, then it dawned on me that slight amout of pressure on the upper portion of the string plus the fact that as the string started forward the ******ing effect caused by dragging that tubing through the air caused the problem. In effect because of the distortion of the upper portion of the string, it acted as though the nock point was higher. When I changed peeps it effectively lowered the nock point relative to the rest so I shot higher on the target. By bringing the launcher arm up for a shorter distance you lessened the distortion of your bus cable and effectively changed the behaviour of your nock point. I will give the same advice I have given others. Begin by attaching to the bus cable a full five inches below the launcher arm to minimize distortion of the bus cable and bring the rest up at the last inch of your draw cycle. Then you'll be happier than a dead pig in the sunshine. Ever see a dead pig with a frown on his face? :)
Dave Nowlin