PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference?

CPaynter
March 11th, 2005, 04:07 PM
what's the difference in tuning between raising and lowering your nock point and raising and lowering your rest? can't the same thing be accomplished by raising the rest as would be by lowering the nock point? i haven't been at this long enough to understand but i'm sure there must be a reason, i'm hoping you guys can tell me what it is. thanks

rhinoshooter
March 12th, 2005, 02:43 AM
I Know What You Mean. I Personally Always Set My Nok Point So It Is Level With The Upper Half Of The Berger Hole And Adjust My Tune With My Rest Only, But Thats Just Me Everyone Is Different.

SlamminHoyt
March 12th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Rhino is right...everyone is different. I've done it the same as he has and on those particularly "anal retentive" days I'll put the rest in the CENTER of the berger hole and then crimp the nock or tie the d-loop. I suppose you just have to get the arrow as close to the CENTER of the darn thing as you can...hahahah :D

littlebubba
March 12th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I always line my arrow shaft with the bolt hold in the riser. The bolt hold that holds the rest to the riser. When tuning is finished I make sure the shaft blocks out the hold. Once the arrow rest height is blocking this bolt hold any further adjustment is done by moving the nock.
Bubba