PDA

View Full Version : Help, with centershot

djq
March 11th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I am having trouble finding the centershot on my 2005 Hoyt ProTec, cam1/2, XT 2000 limbs. Can anyone out there help?

Thanks,
Can't find it,
djq

little buddy
March 11th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I am having trouble finding the centershot on my 2005 Hoyt ProTec, cam1/2, XT 2000 limbs. Can anyone out there help?

Thanks,
Can't find it,
djq
You can start at 3/4" from riser and go from there.

Ian
March 11th, 2005, 04:38 PM
3/4" from inside of riser to center of arrow is a good starting point. Then try walk back tuning to set it to your style.
Shoot a vertical line from 10-40 using 30yd setting. 10yd it'll hit high so aim low at the line 40 aim a little high. The arrows should all line up.

If they hit left as you go further away move rest right and move left if they hit more right.

Dave Nowlin
March 12th, 2005, 09:38 AM
I respectfully disagree. If you are correcting centershot, move the rest in the direction you are correcting for. i.e.: your arrow is hitting left of the desired impact point because your rest is steering it in that direction as the string travels forward. To correct this and get the arrow flying along the same path the string is taking you will have to move the rest right. Then the arrow will be pointed along the same path as the string. You will minimize arrow flexing in this manner as well.
Dave Nowlin

archeryguyrds
March 14th, 2005, 08:43 PM
If your arrow is tearing the paper straght up, you have center shot. Then move your nock down so the hole looks like this, "X" Good luck !!