Archery Talk Forum banner

BH tunning out of Omen Pro

936 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Charkbait 
#1 ·
I am shooting a 29" 70lb Omen Pro with a 28" GT velocity Pro 300 tipped with a 100 grain slick trick. BH dead right 4" of FP at 40 yards. Bow is tuned to the max. Laser center shot RS levels on the rest of all tunning. I have even moved the cable guard towards the arrow in effort to decrease the left limb load. I think now I am under spined but want some input before I cut my arrows. By the way I have moved rest to left to see if they would match up but the two groups went out together. So I reentered with laser and now need some help. I acutely tune alot of bows in my area of the country but never have had this much trouble. I believe I need a 240 to 260 spine.

#3 ·
I shoot a 60# Omen at 28" with 29" Carbon Force Pro 300s and when perfectly tuned I can make my Bloodrunner 2s and fp do the same thing by barely, and I mean barely changing my grip hand. The change is almost unnoticable. This is with the pegs set to the high letoff. With the lower letoff setting I dont see it as easily.

#5 ·
>>BH dead right 4" of FP at 40 yards.

Are the BH also 4" right at 20 and 30?

Easiest test would be take a turn or two off the limb bolts. If it's a spine issue the groups should move together. If they don't, then you'd need to look at another aspect of your setup.

Are the BH 2" right at 20, 3" at 30 and 4" at 40?

What type of sight? Does the sight have a bubble level? Does the sight bubble level look the same when compared to a second bubble level mounted to the riser? If both bubbles don't align in the same way, you may need to shim the sight mount..unless the sight has an axis adjustment that allows it to be adjusted.

#6 ·
i have the Sword apex 3rd plane and yes it has a level and it has been 3rd axis leveled on the new pse vise (awesome) it is dead on out to about 35 yds and at 50 it still 4 to the right. i have since switched to the Swhakers and have no problem. they naturally fly great and are very impressed with the results. that all being said i still would like to get the slicks to shoot becuase in my mind a fived brohead tunned bow is done. mine is not done yet. the limbbolts were some of the first things i did to correct flight. i backed down to 65lbs same result. Cable guard was last resort before cutting the arrows shorter. thank you for your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.