PDA

View Full Version : Different arrows - wrong hitting point (fingers)

Jorge Oliveira
March 12th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Hello,

My bow is a ProTec LX 42#. I shoot 2 under.

I shot a group of 2216 arrows, 31"shaft, 100g points and inserts. They hit gold.

Then I shot a group of GT 22 UL Pro arrows, 32", 125g points and inserts. They hit higher (expected) but to the RIGHT (totally unexpected).

Shouldn't the 22 UL be stiffer than the 2216 (even longer and with heavier points)?

Note 1 - This happens even if I change the plunger spring to a piece of match (stiff plunger).
Note 2 - The demo of the TAP program specifies the GT 22 UL as .360 spine and not Gold Tips' .300. This would explain it.

Comments, pls?

Hollowpoint
March 13th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Cut them shorter or try reducing tip weight.
One thing I have noticed with fingers is that regardless of spine, with too much overhang you will shoot right, draw it back all the way to the insert, and you will hit left.......it changes the node point, and therefore the effect of paradox, wich in turn effects your left to right impact points.
Clear as mud, huh? :p

Example....my 55/75's fly great drawn to 1/2" in front of my flipper.....but the same arrows, shot from the same bow with my drop zone (sitting 1&1/2" farther back) act way too soft, and always go to the right. But if I cut 1" off of them, then the fly great with the DZ too.
Bad thing is the cut ones are now too short to shoot with the flipper. :rolleyes:

Jorge Oliveira
March 13th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I will cut the 22s but I feel it will be a bit over 1" - I did the silly thing of glueing the inserts in 3 of the 6 with superglue :o :mad: