PDA

View Full Version : help.

rudy
March 13th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Ive been trying to bare shaft tune my patriot. I just bought a cavalier arrow rest. I used the easton tunning guide, and have gotten the left right location. Although my nock height, or rest height is not coming together for me. My bare shafts are hitting about 18 inches below the fletched. My arrow while not drawn looks to be running uphill but the guide says lower nock height. am I understanding this correctly. What are your oppinions.

PA.JAY
March 13th, 2005, 06:28 PM
DONT SOUND right @ all are you sure your reading the paper correct ? if your having trouble telling witch is front or back try putting lipstick just on the tip.
18 inch tear no bows that bad ! i dont care what kind of rest their is on it. make the nock 1/8 above the rest start over. good luck !

rudy
March 13th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks PA jay, I will tyr putting the rest 1/8 below nock. I wasn't paper tunning I am shooting a bare shaft at abot 20 yards. The guide said if unfletched were hitting below fletched move nock point down which I am assuming you could move rest up.

Jorge Oliveira
March 13th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Keep the rest position so the arrow is placed covering the riser's button hole (where the rest is screwed) and take the nock down!

I suppose your cam timing is correct.

Hollowpoint
March 14th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Keep the rest position so the arrow is placed covering the riser's button hole (where the rest is screwed) and take the nock down!

Yep, what he said. :)

Devilfan
March 14th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Are you shooting fingers?

rudy
March 14th, 2005, 07:04 PM
No iam shooting a release. Thanks for helping guys.