PDA

View Full Version : is there something wrong with my new bow

danboy
March 13th, 2005, 06:18 PM
i just got my new bow Thursday & I just now decided to measure it and see if it met factory specs. I have nearly 300 arrows shot through it so far & it has factory strings on it. It is a 2005 ProTec with XT 3000 limbs and regular cam & 1/2 system. The top cam on module side has letters H-5TR-HL and the module is in D position and the other side of the cam has HERT. The bottom cam module side it has H-5BRHL and on the other side of the cam is has HERB. The bow's axle to axle is measuring 41" and the brace height measured from the string at rest to the pivot point of the grip is 8 7/8". I thoght the bow had stretched and came out of tune, but the reference holes on the cams are some what in line with the cables.

Do these numbers seem right? If not what should I try doing to get the bow back in spec? This will be the first time I have ever tried to work on a cam & 1/2 system so I am not real sure what needs to be done.

shootin12s
March 13th, 2005, 07:25 PM
i had the same problem with my pro elite your actually not that far off what you should do is start out with taking 10 twist out of the string and both cables and pull it back a few times and then measure and go from there i would worry more about the A to A than the brace height and your AtoA with 3000 limbs and those cams should be 41 1/2

danboy
March 13th, 2005, 08:56 PM
i just tried taking the twist out and that didnt get me anywhere. anyone else have any ideas.

Jabwa
March 13th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Shoot it awhile and let that stretchy Hoyt string lengthen out a bit!

Brown Hornet
March 14th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Specs on all bows are aproxomate. They will vary slightly depending on the size of the cam and your drawlegth. As long as you are close and the bow is tuned and shooting well I wouldn't worry about it that much.

I would however change tthe strings and cables.