PDA

View Full Version : Any way to put a third axis on an extreme sight?

12pointer
March 13th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know of a third axis for an extreme sniper 500 sight?Or something that would work..?

thx Larry

J.W. Shooter
March 13th, 2005, 11:26 PM
If there is no 3rd axis adjustment! Shim the mounting block! It may take a few tries, but once you get it, you got it!

SpotShy
March 14th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I've been successful with cutting shims out of aluminum from aluminum cans or using common washers. You need a vice and level, it takes some tinkering but works just fine. The plus is you don't have to worry much about knocking it out of level. If you do, more than likely your gonna need a whole new sight!

antlers21
March 14th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I never quite understoon 3rd axis on sights. My understanding is if the sight is at a 90 degree angle from your riser and you need a third axis then that means that you are torqueing your bow or something is wrong with your form. Just my opinion, before I would try to correct the sight I would correct why you need the 3rd axis?

J.W. Shooter
March 14th, 2005, 11:01 PM
All archers torque the bow to some degree! The only way you could do it without torque, is to have the string run down the middle of your arm! A right-handed shooter torques the bow to the right and visa versa for a lefty! When someone says a shooter is torqueing the bow, it means that they are doing it inconsistently because of their form!

HNSB
March 14th, 2005, 11:08 PM
3rd axis adjustment makes sure your sight is vertical in relation to the bubble level when aiming up or down hill. It's not for correcting torque.