PDA

View Full Version : out of time cam & 1/2???

jamestheron
March 14th, 2005, 10:28 AM
looking at my hoyt owners manual i came to optimizing cam & 1/2 performance, i take it is timing on my 04 ultrasport top cam the control cable is about 1/8" off to the side of the reference hole and same with the bottom cam what kind of problems dose this cause? and how do i fix it?

buck knife
March 14th, 2005, 10:50 AM
:) Most likely your string has stretched some and you need to have it put into a bow press and have the cable twisted to bring things back to specs.Your shop will usually do this for you for a small fee!good luck!

nccrutch
March 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Is it me or is the "1.5" starting to sound mere and more like a "2".
(2 cam bow that is).
:confused:

jamestheron
March 14th, 2005, 11:01 AM
ok thanks iv been having shooting issues that should help huh?

Brown Hornet
March 14th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Is it me or is the "1.5" starting to sound mere and more like a "2".
(2 cam bow that is).
:confused:

All cams, 1, 2 and 1.5's have to be timed. :rolleyes:

reflex shooter
March 14th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Do a search for cam 1/2 timing here. Javi has a picture that explains it all and how to correct it.

Will Wisp
March 14th, 2005, 12:06 PM
When your cables are running through these guide holes this is where you are getting your best performance,all cables creep in length to some degree,its not a big deal,just have someone press the bow and twist the cables back to where the cable intersect the holes again.Its just a basic maintenence issue,thats all.

AKDoug
March 14th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Cam 1/2 timing really has nothing to do with those holes. This pic shows IMHO the only way to do it right.

reflex shooter
March 14th, 2005, 12:46 PM
That's the one :)
I've got it taped to the wall of my home shop

sapper1
March 14th, 2005, 07:36 PM
I have got kinda the same problem. I was at first having a hard time getting my A to A set. When I finally got that taken care of I notice the cable on the top cam was right on the edge of the performance marks and the cable on the bottom cam was WAY outside the the marks. I twisted and untwisted and was only able to get the bottom cable a little closer. I am going to print out the above pic and start from scratch and see what happens.

grinderMatt_PA
March 14th, 2005, 11:47 PM
This is what I did with my Ultratec when I first got it over a year ago, and yes, the string has stretched some, but anyhoo, I put it on the crankboard last week and it's still where it needs to be. Oh, by the way, it isnt in between, or even on the lines and still smashes x's. Try to fix it like AKDoug said, then set it and forget it. Seems like the more I think about something not being right, I dont shoot right, lol. Good luck.

Jabwa
March 15th, 2005, 09:58 AM
FORGET THE "TIMING" MARKS ON A CAM.5!! THEY DON'T MEAN A #$#@# thing!!!!

Brown Hornet
March 15th, 2005, 10:02 AM
FORGET THE "TIMING" MARKS ON A CAM.5!! THEY DON'T MEAN A #$#@# thing!!!!

Amatuer Spiral Cammer :embarasse :wink: You still have alot to learn grasshopper. :angel: