Archery Talk Forum banner

Reviving older bow for bowfishing. Need advice.

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jorge Oliveira 
#1 ·
Been away for a while but now I'm back. Anyway, I am eyeing up a Ben Pearson Critter Getter bow that I bought from a teacher back in HS(5 years ago) to use for bowfishing. Structually it looks in good shape, no cracks in limbs or riser, wheels seem to be in good shape. I am going to have the string and cables replaced just in case. I don't know how old the bow is or how long the string has been on. It is a 50-60# draw at a wopping 50% letoff with a AMO(now ATA) string length of 39". I will turn down the weight all I can for bowfishing. However the 39" string sounds a little short to me. It might be the cable length, but I am pretty sure the sticker says string.

Can I still find string and cables for this bow or find a different bow? I'd like to be able to use this bow. It has been sitting around collecting dust while I give my attention to my PSE. I have no idea how old the bow is or how to find out. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Email Tracie here:

Letitialynninor@aol.com

She has steel cables and strings for old bows. BTW, strings shall be Dacron and not a modern material (I know - I have an old PSE wheelie!).

Tell her Jorge, from Brazil sent you :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.