PDA

View Full Version : Cam 1/2 Tuning

bboswell
March 15th, 2005, 09:28 AM
OK, I got my first Cam 1/2 this weekend. Safari ProTec Cam 1/2 with 3000 limbs which is primarily a 3D bow but will see some spots also.

I have been reading ever since and this is what I think I have learned and the resulting question.

1. Hoyts manual refers to tuning while the bow is in the relaxed state and aligning the control cables with the "Performance Reference Holes".

I equate "Performance" to speed??

2. The archers with Cam 1/2 experience say the only proper way to tune is with the bow at full draw and aligning the cable with the cam like the pics in the following thread.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=163928

I equate "Tuning" to accuracy.

IF my translations are correct then is there not really a combination that need to be done. Should you not orient the bottom cam so that the "performance reference hole" aligns with the cable (ie. Hoyts performance tune) and then align the top cam with cable at full draw (ie. Accuracy Tune) thus getting both max performance (speed) and max accuracy?

Am I on the right track or in left field?

JAVI
March 15th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Bob... as far as you go you are completely on track... in fact I am working on a complete tuning guide for the Hoyt Cam & 1/2 with photos... it will address many of these issues plus other considerations...

ProtecMan
March 15th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Javelina,
Let me know when you get that tuning guide done, I would like a copy.

Thanks,
Mark

Iabow
March 15th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks JAVELINA, I would like to see that too. Been going over different post trying to figure it out for a cam 1/2 system. If I creep tune with the masking tape at 20 yds, will that process line the cams up like you showed in the picture on how they should be?

JAVI
March 15th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks JAVELINA, I would like to see that too. Been going over different post trying to figure it out for a cam 1/2 system. If I creep tune with the masking tape at 20 yds, will that process line the cams up like you showed in the picture on how they should be? Creep tuning is a method of fine tuning the cam timing and nock travel to you... so yes....

Iabow
March 15th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks Javelina.

ratfart
March 15th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Javi,
You will post those here on AT won't you :wink: :wink:
I bet there are a lot of us that will be chompin' at the bit to get a look at that tuning guide...... So HURRY UP WOULD YA'!!! :D

Spotshooter2
March 15th, 2005, 11:26 PM
I agree with everyone , Javalina we ALL want to see your results . I just ordered a Protec in Cam 1/2 so very interested here also. Would setting the cams on a crank board be an easier way to get them tuned at full draw?

JAVI
March 15th, 2005, 11:30 PM
I agree with everyone , Javalina we ALL want to see your results . I just ordered a Protec in Cam 1/2 so very interested here also. Would setting the cams on a crank board be an easier way to get them tuned at full draw?
I often use a crank board...