PDA

View Full Version : changing arrows question

Dusty Britches
March 15th, 2005, 08:45 AM
I currently shoot Carbon Tech Cheetah's in my CyberTec bow for target shooting (282 fps). The bow is tuned perfectly for these arrows.

I would like to shoot hunting arrows (obvious reasons) with the same bow. The thought is to change to a hunting sight and stabilizer and arrows without having to re-tune the bow.

If I got heavier arrows with the same sweet spot spine, would I have to retune the bow?

jonnybow
March 15th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Re-tune? Probably not, re-sight, certainly yes.

Only one way to find out, shoot through paper with the new arrows and see if anything is different. As long as they are fletched the same and don't have any vane contact, you'll probably be good to go.

Jon

Jabwa
March 15th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Same exact spine? Same exact fletching? Same exact point weight? If you can accomplish all these things, then you should not have to retune. Theoretically it is possible, but I think realistically you aren't going to get all those variables the same. Then of course you will have to use mechanical broadheads since fixed blades will probably require a different tune unless you have hit the correct arrow spine exactly right.

Dusty Britches
March 15th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Heh, heh, heh -

I love a challenge!

bboswell
March 15th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I guess we have been lucky.

Just switched Kathie's arrows from Super Carbon to Gold Tip Ultra light 600's. Gained a bunch of speed for 3D. Get perfect bullet holes with both from 6' - 12', 85g Montecs shot into the same group as field tips out to 40 yds, only had to change sight settings .