PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Taker Micro Adjust vs Regular??

jduck1
March 15th, 2005, 06:12 PM
I will be putting on a Trophy Taker Shakey onto my Allegiance once it arrives. This will a hunting set up. Is the Micro adjust worth the extra cash? Why or why not??
Thanks,
Jeff

Dave Nowlin
March 15th, 2005, 06:32 PM
At present you don't really have that choice. The Equalizer Binary Cam bows have the string father away from the riser than most bows. There are some rests and some sights that don't have sufficient windage adjustment for these bows. At present Trophy Taker only has the long windage bar for the regular Shakey Hunter. They don't have them available yet for the micro-adjust. They probably will somewhere in the near future. :smile:
Dave Nowlin

jduck1
March 15th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Are you saying the only rest that will work is the long bar version? I have talked to 2 different Bowtech dealers that are setting Allegiance bows up and both have said the short bar works? What did you find different?
Thanks,
Jeff

jduck1
March 15th, 2005, 06:45 PM
I looked at the TT sight. I was thinking long or short bar but you were explaining a longer wind adjusting bar. Anyone else seem to have to get the extended windage model?
Thanks,
Jeff

Dave Nowlin
March 15th, 2005, 06:55 PM
The reason I gave you the answer I did is because I have a Trophy Taker Micro-Adjust Shakey Hunter and it doesn't work on my Defender. There isn't enough windage adjustment to properly set center shot. I called Trophy Taker and got the information straight from the "horses mouth." That is the info I passed on to you. Call Trophy Taker and get any of your friends who are interested in a Micro-Adjust to call too. The more requests they get the sooner we will have the long widage bar for the Micro-Adjust. :smile:
Dave Nowlin