PDA

View Full Version : Tuning my Allegiance

jonnybow
March 15th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Well, I have a shoot this weekend and was waiting to finish tuning my 28.5/70# BowTech Allegiance because I have arrows coming from GT (Pro Series 22) but they aren't going to make it in time. I decided to fletch up some Vital Bow Gear Gladiators at 27" with 85gr screw in FP and 4" duravanes and wraps and just use those in the interim. They weigh 374gr.

Anyway, I figured I'd see how it shoots with these arrows at 20yds to start with the thought of going back to paper if they didn't group well.

Here was the first 2 shots from 20yds, looks like I have a bunch of work to do. It seems like it's shooting a tad low and left, might have to really scratch my head to dial this bow in!! What a waste of 2 brand new arrows!

Jon

azone5
March 15th, 2005, 07:44 PM
That's a real shame! Better take it back for another one!! :D

Medic167
March 15th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I bought my Allegiance about a month and a half ago. I have shot at least 2000 arrows from it. Sunday I shot a robin hood too. OK so mine wasn't the second shot but I was proud of it none the less. Considering that is the first one I have ever shot. I suppose I should have listened to all the nay sayers on the Bowtechs and not bought one. :p I mean they shoot so fast they can not possibly be accurate or consistant.

Jerry/NJ
March 15th, 2005, 08:09 PM
:omg:

2ndchance
March 15th, 2005, 10:22 PM
thats what you get for buying that POS!! :shade:

EricO
March 15th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Um yeah, take that thing back. You're certainly going to ruin alot of arrows if this is any indication. ;)

drjr
March 15th, 2005, 10:51 PM
I have had mine now for a month and at 2 3d shoots I have 5 robinhoods with it. I guess the bow shoots fine.

IMADMAN
March 15th, 2005, 11:07 PM
STOP!!!!
The Bow is Defective!!!!
I'm a nice guy so sent it to me and i'll send you a NEW,BRIGHT,SHINEY, Quarter 2005 edition!!!!!
Hurry cause I may change my mind!!
J/K!!!!
Nice shooting!

ftshooter
March 16th, 2005, 12:01 AM
But, it is not the only bow that will do that ....And you are not the only one to ever do that.. However, congrads and enjoy your new bow ..

jonnybow
March 16th, 2005, 07:34 AM
But, it is not the only bow that will do that ....And you are not the only one to ever do that.. However, congrads and enjoy your new bow ..

Really? damn, I thought it was and I've never seen anyone else ever do that kind of thing. And to think, my mom told me I was the special one! :sad:

I think I'll be sending this bow to someone who needs one, any takers??

Thanks guys!

Jon

ftshooter
March 16th, 2005, 08:34 AM
To your mom..we all are I hope ..send your bow where ever you like..

Tax Lawyer
March 16th, 2005, 09:22 AM
:cool:

Techy
March 16th, 2005, 12:42 PM
28.5/70# BowTech Allegiance / They weigh 374gr.

Jon

Let me know what kind of speeds you are getting. I am shooting a 29" 70# Alliegance and I am going to be shooting 370gr arrows. Just curious what you are getting. :)

jonnybow
March 16th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I'll put it through the chrono tonight.

Jon

IMADMAN
March 16th, 2005, 04:57 PM
See my post above, I no longer have the quarter cause I spent it on a gumball. But I can give you half a gumball and the the piece that i'm chewing on right now.(LOL!)
Nice shooting! LUK what kind of speeds you're seeing.

jonnybow
March 16th, 2005, 05:16 PM
OK, just put it on the scale and it's at 71#. I shot it through the radarchron and got 285fps with 3 arrows. The string has the bowtech string silencers, a tru-peep and a loop.

Perfect for 3D.

Jon

2ndchance
March 16th, 2005, 05:33 PM
i am only a 28" draw but mine chronoed 278fps with a 400gr arrow at 70#

shooting3d
March 16th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Well i guess i will take it,I have lost 7 arrows cause of mine POS LOL
Anyway ftshooter i thought i was the only one who did that oh but S**t happens LMAO

ftshooter
March 16th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I went and shot this robbinhood today for all you guys this was done with cheap arrows and my 150.00 dollar 02 martin ALTITUDE..nothing wrong with your shooting or bow or any of you personally ..Just don't want all the newbies to think bowtechs are the only bows that can do this..

PLASTIC PAUL
March 16th, 2005, 10:49 PM
It's amazing what some folks can do with a drill and a hammer....LOL

I thought only Scepters could do that

We indoor folks know better than to shoot more than one arrow at the same spot... LOL

ftshooter
March 16th, 2005, 11:57 PM
It's amazing what some folks can do with a drill and a hammer....LOL

I thought only Scepters could do that

We indoor folks know better than to shoot more than one arrow at the same spot... LOL

bUT, yes you are right not to shoot at the same spot that is why I used cheap arrows ..
.By the way you forgot to put your BOW TECH SIGNATUE WITH YOU POST... :)

Techy
March 17th, 2005, 03:31 PM
OK, just put it on the scale and it's at 71#. I shot it through the radarchron and got 285fps with 3 arrows. The string has the bowtech string silencers, a tru-peep and a loop.

Perfect for 3D.

Jon

Thanks for the speed reading. Although that seems a touch slow. I noticed you used a radarchon, your bow could be faster. Those radar deals are known for being off, so if you have the opportunity put it through a real chrono ;) You might be a little faster :D

PLASTIC PAUL
March 18th, 2005, 09:21 PM
That's the right signature, at 200fps i am putting the arch back in the game LOL. :confused: