PDA

View Full Version : Bowtech quiver question

JMelchio
March 15th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I recently bought a Bowtech 1 piece quiver for my Patriot. The foam comes all the way down and is level with the cover. When I put Broadheads in it, it seems like the blades will be exposed.

Are you supposed to push the broadhead all the way into the foam? I had an old quiver and I remember that the broadheads were completely covered by the hard plastic head. I seems like it will be a little dangerous to have the broadhead blades exposed.

Any info. is appeciated.

Thanks.

Joe.

Ausie-guy
March 15th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Get a razor blade and slice the pattern of your broad heads into the foam then push the broad heads in.

redneckwannabe
March 15th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I you're shooting fixed blade heads, just push them all the way in until the blades are covered by the foam. This is what I do with my four blade Muzzy's. You don't need to attach the second piece that clips to the arrow shaft about halfway up if you do this. Without this piece attached, you can offset the blades in the foam to give you more room. With it attached, your arrows will be in a perfect straight line in the foam and crunched together down by the vanes which I don't like. If you're shotting expandables, attach the second "shaft gripper" to the quiver and remove the foam altoghther. This will hold the arrow securely but you won't have to force your expandables into the foam for no reason.

While I love my Bowtech bow, I'm not a huge fan of the quiver. I'm using the four-arrow one piece quiver. I'll probably be giving a Sof-Loc a try this fall.......

hayseed
March 17th, 2005, 10:03 AM
yea, what redneck said. Put your arrows back the smae place every time and it will last forever.

JMelchio
March 17th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the information. Quite a few quivers had the foam all the way down, and I wasn't sure why.

Joe.

Justicebro
March 17th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I have a bowtech 4 arrow quiver. Check to see if there is a foam insert already in the cover. The one that is seperate is a replacement for down the road...

abowhunterlj
March 18th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I pulled the foam out and inserted a sims vibration holder. I had to trim it to fit but it worked great this year. I did not like the foam and it was too snug a fit to work well in the foam.

LXtuner
March 18th, 2005, 03:27 PM
yea, what redneck said. Put your arrows back the smae place every time and it will last forever.

It's only a couple dollars to replace foam. Just stick em up in there and don't worry about it.

Africanbowhunter
March 18th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Yes you have to push them all the way in to insure safety

My son Jeff fell on his Bowquiver on an elk hunt

he hit the exposed Razorback broadheads, not driven in all they way.

Trip to ER ruined elk Hunt

Drive them all the way in

No exposed cutting edge should be seen

Good Luck

Safety first

JMelchio
March 18th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all of the inputs. I figured it was safest to have the blades completely covered, but I wasn't sure why they would put the foam down to the edge of the hood.

Joe.