PDA

View Full Version : Need some help Please!!!

ironmountain43
March 16th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Started tuning up my new martin, and am getting groups high and left of center. Center shot is ok, get bullet holes out to 15 yards on paper. Not sure where to look sight pins or rest. have never had to set up myself before. Martin Tracer 60lbs Gold tip 55/75 XT's 100 grain points, 27 inch draw. Any help at least on wher to start?

njshadowwalker
March 16th, 2005, 01:00 AM
If your shooting bullet holes the bow is dialed in...

Move the sights accordingly.

Hollowpoint
March 17th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Yep, move the sight up and left. ;)

Preacher
March 17th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Setting your Sight is sometimes called "Chacing the Arrow" :)

If you hit High, move the sight pin Up.
If you hit Low, move the sight pin Down.
If you hit Left, move the sight pin Left.
If you hit Right, move the sight pin Right.

Just move the Pin in the same direction the arrow is out of the Spot. If you are hitting High Left, move the sight pin Up and then to the Left.

Sometime even with Bullet Hole through Paper you might be Spot On at 20yd but to the left at 40yd. In a case like that, you have to move your rest to the Right Very slightly. That is called Center Shot tuning. Move your Rest Very slightly in the opposite direction as the arrow is going at the longer yardages.

Hope this helps some. :teeth:

Dean Lawter
March 17th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Hitting high and left of center? From your description it sounds like you have not sighted in yet. Move your pin in the direction the arrows are hitting until you hit bulls eye. If you still question the rest, do the 20-40 test.Once you have 20 yards dialed in shoot at a spot at the top of the target( target needs to be at least 30 inches tall). once you have executed a good shot at target leave arrow in target, now hang a plumb bob from this arrow. Go back to 40 yards and shoot a group at same spot using 20 yard pin.Group should be on both sides of string but low of course. Move arrow rest left to right until group is on both sides of string. If you move rest you will have to re-zero at 20 yards and start again. This will truly center your rest to the bow. Hope this helps,PM me if you want to know more.