PDA

View Full Version : Troprhy Ridge Drop Zone Question

buck-eye hunter
March 16th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I Put A New Trophy Ridge Drop Zone With The Dampeners In It On My Bow. When I Shoot And The Rest Drops It Is Very Loud, Was Wondering If Anyone Had The Same Problem And What To Do To Eliminate It.

LXtuner
March 16th, 2005, 04:45 PM
i work in a pro shop and we all love the Dropzones. it's our favorite rest, but we have noticed on the ones with dampners on it that the dampners actually rattle against the head of the bolt that attaches it to the bow. So we put moleskin on the head of the bolt or on the backside of the dampner and it eliminated all the noise. I hope this is where its coming from.

bucknasty
March 16th, 2005, 05:01 PM
wow, nice tip. i'm going right in there and do it to mine. another thing i've noticed is that my dz is about 5 times quieter when i have my correct centershot set. also make sure you're getting vane clearance.

buck-eye hunter
March 16th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks for responding and the info, sounds like it may be the dampener hitting the bolt. I'll try the moleskin and see if it goes away.

Hollowpoint
March 17th, 2005, 04:55 PM
i work in a pro shop and we all love the Dropzones. it's our favorite rest, but we have noticed on the ones with dampners on it that the dampners actually rattle against the head of the bolt that attaches it to the bow. So we put moleskin on the head of the bolt or on the backside of the dampner and it eliminated all the noise. I hope this is where its coming from.
I agree.
Both are mine are very quiet. :)

bow_obsession
March 17th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Good tip LXtuner, I would have never thought of that one :thumbs_up

deer man
March 19th, 2005, 12:51 PM
mine didnt rattle, little extra noise when arm hit,i cut small piece of sims ,installed it in the slot hole ,so when it bottoms out it hits the sims,now deadly quiet,jim