PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Allegiance

Bish1
March 17th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Friend bought new 29/70, 400 grain Gold Tip 5575, Drop Zone Rest, String loop. We keep getting low left tears when shooting it through paper. Not my first rodeo,but I have tried everything that I know to do. (heavier arrows, stiffer spine, lower pounds)I did not have any trouble with my Old Glory. Any info or advice will be greatly appreciated.

blackdog
March 17th, 2005, 08:26 PM
The Bowtech rep told me to increase the up time of the rest to cure the nock low problem.

steve hilliard
March 17th, 2005, 08:27 PM
did you check his grip? or arrow making contact? and make sure the rest is coming up at the last 1/2 to 1 inch of draw.

Bish1
March 18th, 2005, 08:28 AM
The rest is up 1 3/4-2 inches before full draw. Grip position is good(shot it myself). Zero vane contact(tried to tune with bare shaft as well, with same result). Tiller measurement is the same. This bow does not have tuning marks on the cam, and I tried to see that they were in the same position as my Old Glory but could not tell exactly. At a loss! Losing sleep! And its turkey season so I need all that I can get!

bucknasty
March 18th, 2005, 08:36 AM
i shoot 75/95's and have a 29" draw. mine are 100 grain tips and i'm at about 388 grains. how are you getting 55/70's to 400 grains? the 55/70's aren't stiff enough for a 70# 29" single cam. i thought the equalizer was supposed to not matter, but maybe it does. how long are his arrows?

wyo elkman
March 18th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Where do you have the center shot. My old glory was shooting a left tear and all I had to do was move the rest out a little bit.

all4bows
March 18th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Have you Allegiance shooters who are lucky enough to have one found the need for a stiffer spined arrow than the charts?

Bish1
March 18th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Cneter shot is set with the string, with laser center shot tool. The 55/75 is going to be closer to 385, however with my personal arrows(same length)with a total weight of 406, I was just using an approximate average of all the arrows that I tried. All of the arrows that I used were the same length, however they all had a different gpi weight. Talked to Bob at Bowtech and he told me that I was not the first to experience this. His suggestion was to use a different drop away that could remain in contact with the arrow longer,( it is already in contact with the shaft for about 2") but with true level nock travel I could not see this being a viable option,especially when I have an Old Glory set up the exact same way. He also told me that the cams did not need tuning marks,however my Old Glory has the marks on it. My question was, are they tuning marks, or orientation marks, or what? He didn't have an answer.

Nyny
March 18th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I have a allegiance and put the center shot with the eze eye. Never been able to make a bullet hole i just eye ball the rest with the string cams and bingo the center shot is not the same on every bow and mine is now at about 1 11/16 from outside of the riser and with the eze eye it was a little bit more. And the marks on the cam is not for sync. its performance marks.

Kelsnore
March 18th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I have seen many bows do the same, so I'll simply make a few suggestions. Try setting the arrow above the Berger hole and use a slight high nok if needed. (although I prefer level). Also, experiment with different arrows (weights/lengths), not every two bows fully like the same everything. However, for my own bows, there comes a time when paper tuning flies out the window and group tuning comes into play. Good luck!

Dave Nowlin
March 19th, 2005, 12:08 AM
O. K. this sounds like a problem I might be able to help with. To begin, I'll bet your friend didn't tie into the bus cable 5 inches below the roller guide on the Drop Zone like the instructions say. If you only tie in 2 to 3 inches below the roller guide when you come to full draw you will distort the bus cable toward the riser (that is it won't be in a straight line). When you tie in 5 inches or more below the roller guide the path of the bus cable is not very distorted. When you come up fully 2 inches before the end of the draw cycle, you distort the bus cable even further. While the binary cam bows tend to stay properly timed far better than a conventional twin cam bows, you still can't deflect the path of one of the bus cables so badly as to make it act as though it is 3/8 to 1/2 inch shorter then the other bus cable without having problems. On the cable slide of the Allegiance you will find a little tab. Tie to it and time the rest to come fully up during the last inch of the draw cycle and the problem should go away. When you tie to the cable slide you you will effect both bus cables equally and therefore you shouldn't create nock travel issues like you do tying to one bus cable. :D
Dave Nowlin

gregvisser
March 20th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Bucknasty hit the nail on the head I think. My Bowtech setup is at 63# at the moment and I can barely get the 5575 to tune. Getting a high left tear. My hunting setup shoots 7595's - same bow, same # and I get perfect bullet holes. Try the 7595 GT - much better arrow for your setup.

Greg

bowjunkie
March 20th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Start with eyeing the string with the middle of the bottom of the riser and line the arrow up with the string. Next run the arrow DEAD LEVEL. IF you run the arrow rest too high or low you will get all kinds of weird tears. I have helped a few people with Right tears and too fix it it took moving the arrow rest up. I know it sounds weird but try it, It works. Let me know if I can help anymore. Bowjunkie

larryburk
December 12th, 2006, 09:05 PM
i shoot 75/95's and have a 29" draw. mine are 100 grain tips and i'm at about 388 grains. how are you getting 55/70's to 400 grains? the 55/70's aren't stiff enough for a 70# 29" single cam. i thought the equalizer was supposed to not matter, but maybe it does. how long are his arrows?

I shot a 28" 5575 out of my 29" 67# single cam martin. clean bullets.

and that is w/ blazer vanes and 10grain nock. 10 grain vanes would stiffen it up quite a bit(room for poundage increase)

a 28" 5575 w/ 125 grain point and 4' vanes should be close to 400 grains

johnno
December 13th, 2006, 05:22 AM
[ On the cable slide of the Allegiance you will find a little tab. Tie to it and time the rest to come fully up during the last inch of the draw cycle and the problem should go away.

I tried this and after about 30 shots the little tab broke off. Personally I wouldn't recommend it. Last thing you want is for it to happen when hunting.:smile: