PDA

View Full Version : How many arrows for a group????

IMADMAN
March 19th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Same as title just wanting to know if there is an industry standard. I've been using 6 but, will be going 3-4. My nocks and vanes are taking a beating. :sad:

dahmer
March 19th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Shoot at a 3 spot. You can tell what knid of group you have because all 3 spots are the same. No sense trashing good arrows.

Jabwa
March 19th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Depends on how many arrows you want to robinhood :D

PLASTIC PAUL
March 19th, 2005, 08:26 AM
One arrow groups if you want to keep all your arrows.

poster child for slow learning: down to 8 X-Cutters :confused:

Jorge Oliveira
March 19th, 2005, 08:31 AM
If you want to check your grouping, shoot 3.

It helps with Robinhoods and still gives one a sense of grouping. less than that is not very clear.

Stash
March 19th, 2005, 07:45 PM
"How many arrows for a group????"

All of them.

Daniel Boone
March 19th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Cant afford more than that

njshadowwalker
March 19th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I shiot the best i have in a loooong time yesterday. I had the range to myself and was shooting at 4 diffent targets. I did one 4shot group and i couldnt even pull my arrows they were so tight. I have 3 arrows now needing new vanes. :eek:

1 shot at the spot. If i miss it i shoot another arrow. But if my shot finds the center i wont shoot at it again.

PLASTIC PAUL
March 19th, 2005, 09:11 PM
If you miss the X with an arrow the rule says you have to now shoot AT the arrow that just missed.

Did i mention i am down to 8 X-Cutters.

(This helps with focussing on the first shot) LOL :eek:

Jorge Oliveira
March 19th, 2005, 09:16 PM
If you miss the X with an arrow the rule says you have to now shoot AT the arrow that just missed.

It doesn't matter, I'm going to miss again... :D :D :D

PLASTIC PAUL
March 20th, 2005, 12:07 AM
ROFLMAO !!!!!

It's funny, the X seems to jump out of the way but my arrows don't....

Things that make you go HUH ?!?!?!

Duckdawg
March 20th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Same as title just wanting to know if there is an industry standard. I've been using 6 but, will be going 3-4. My nocks and vanes are taking a beating. :sad:

That must be a wonderful problem to have! Lord knows I don't have to refletch and buy nocks because of it !! :)