PDA

View Full Version : Hoyt Tune Charts?

fn257
March 19th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Javi or other Hoyt pros, is it possible that the tune charts could have a mistake in them. I am referring to the chart for the 04 Xtecs. I have a 27" xtec that I bought after market strings for. They measured what the charts and the sticker on the bow states. But!!..........when I put them on the ATA is about 3/4 too long. This has happened on two sets from the same manufacturer, they replaced the first ones due to serving problems. With both sets I twisted up the buss cable until the yoke tried to twist and finally quit within 3/8's of specified ATA of 35 3/8. This is where I wonder about the specs in the charts. A 25" ATA is 35 3/8, 26" is35 5/8, 27" is 35 3/8, 28" is 35 1/2. This progression of lengths seems strange to me. This is off the chart that is on Hoyt's website. It just seems that I am having to twist up these strings alot to try and get spec ATA. So I was just wondering if it was possible that the chart has a misprint or what. Are there other tune charts availiable or does everyone use this one. Let me know if you know! :)

Mark

JAVI
March 19th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Ck PM's

fn257
March 19th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I did, thanks for the input and info, I will get back with you a little later.

Mark

JAVI
March 19th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I did, thanks for the input and info, I will get back with you a little later.

Mark

Sure thing Mark...