PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question About Switching Risers

PA.JAY
March 19th, 2005, 08:21 PM
If You Got Two Same Size But Ones Say A Martin Ones A Mathews Could'nt You Switch Limbs Etc. ?

PLASTIC PAUL
March 19th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Very often the limb pockets are different between companies. This is deff true of Martin, I believe they actually have a patent on their limb pockets.

PA.JAY
March 19th, 2005, 09:44 PM
YA I THOUGHT OF THAT AFTER I POSTED . :confused:
thank you ! i just thought it would be cool to make a hybrid of some kind !

tjb357452
March 20th, 2005, 05:22 PM
The Australian shooter that won the National Title used a Hoyt hybrid of his own picking. I read that it had Ultratec and Protec elements along with some stuff he designed on his own. This sort of stuff can be fun to do but in most cases you're really not going to do too much different than the factory models. It can also get costly, time consuming, and require a lot of experimenting to arrive at the correct string and buss measurements. It also voids any warrantee you may have had and the factory will disown you. :smile:

guam-bowhunter
March 21st, 2005, 02:13 AM
given that I'm all the way out here I did just that, all because I loved this one bow alot that I did'nt want to see it die, so! I resurected it.

Reflex extreme riser
PSE gamesport limbs
Reflex cams

I cut the limbs to the length of the split limbs, made a notch hole for the limb bolts, machined the dividers in the pockets flat, put it together and tried it first with heavy shafts, then with carbons.......heavy shafts shot better (2317's)

RESULTS:
bow was not to quiet, average vibration, added some silencers and quieted it down, but what's amazing is it's very forgiving, deadly accurate, and easy to tune. Oh! by the way same string length where used as when it was a full fledged Reflex Extreme...

but I would'nt reccomend just anybody doing this.....I guess I got lucky.....

thanks for reading.