PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help With Patriot tune!

Elkman
March 20th, 2005, 11:54 PM
I bought a 04 Patriot in sept, Put on a TT original and was lucky that I was able to get a good tear at 6 feet, put I did notice that the vanes wear hitting just enough to pull up the fleece I had put on to make it quite.
Then I went to the Shakey hunter because of the little bit of pop the arrow did at cam roll over and still vanes where hitting the forks.
Now The pro at the shop said with the bowtech you need "to have it up just as you hit full draw" right on the edge of tension enough to keep up the arrow.
But I still hit, even when i have played with the tension on the TT launch string and the angle to the cable bus, weather straight back as to allow it to pull it a little out of aline as opposed to down a few inches to the cable buss witch in turn makes the launcher tension very tight with it comming up 2 inches before full draw.
Then I tried the Cobra Diamondback because I liked all of the adjustablility of it.
SO then the problem I caught this week with the cock vane down was I was hitting the holder built in to the forks and screwing up my vanes by warping the vane horribly.
I can still shoot and group very well, 4" groups at 60yds, but I don't like to screw up my vanes like that, It makes them TO LOUD mg:
So after my 3D shoot saturday, I came home and shot more paper and moved the rest down more to get a more up right fork and tried to avoid hitting the arrow holder part of the rest, still was tearing high.
Then I noticed that If I had the arrow level while holding the forks up then when at full draw the nock was high, so I moved the nock down to make it level at full draw, but I mean it's like a 1/4 inch nock low at rest holding the forks up!
But it tears pretty good out to 20 feet, just a hair tail high.
Then I shot the 3D for score today and did better, 366 out of 400 for 40 targets, Im happy with that, put the set up looks so wrong! plus I am still hitting the forks by just enough to leave residue from the vanes on them.
Now my shop guy say's "maybe your under spined"
Im shooting GT XT Hunter 7595's at 30" 75lbs with a 125g point.
A dloop only as a nock.
He even threw on a 85 grain point, same tear.
So, who hear can give me ANOTHER thing to try?

Thanks for any help.

drjr
March 21st, 2005, 12:37 AM
I basicly had this same problem the other day with an Old Glory. I did get the clearance I needed after turning the bottom limb down 1/2 a turn. I believe since I was not maxed out on the bow that I could have turned the top limb up a 1/2 turn and got the same results. If you are maxed out on your limbs try turning your bottom limb down a half and see if that helps. Let me know. Thanks and good luck.

Elkman
March 21st, 2005, 12:43 AM
I'll try tomorrow, Thanks.
Not sure of the results as Mine is a single cam and yours is matched bianary cams, but will see :wink:

RnRLobsta
March 23rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
elkman....... i also shoot a 04 patriot i use trophy ridge drop zone.After the pro shop set it up it had a low tear of about 3 inches.I raised the nock and it is now about 5/16-3/8 of inch high and shoots bullet holes through paper at 20 yards using gt x cutters for indoor.The arrow looks real weird on the rest but it shoots great.I really like the drop zone.

Brad Whiteman
March 23rd, 2005, 06:24 PM
i had an 02 Patriot and now an 04 Patriot, the Bowtech single cam has really poor nock travel, at brace the nock should be about an 1/8" to 3/16" above square, i had a trophy taker on my 02, and now a drop zone on my 04, both shoot bullet holes and group great, hope this helps, Brad.

bucknasty
March 24th, 2005, 09:57 AM
got to agree. usually on a '04 pat if you're getting nock high its because of contact. turning down your bottom bolt, or turning in your top, will even out the nock travel. i bare shaft tuned to set my nocking pt on mine and the bare shafts and fletched have the same poi when i'm nocked much higher than i would have thought necessary. its got to be 1/4" high, but haven't checked. i was a little worried about long range shooting, but arrow flight was beautiful at 80 yards, no nose diveing.

Deezlin
March 24th, 2005, 11:35 AM
How is the tuning gap set and other specs on the bow?