PDA

View Full Version : Broadhead tuning-spinning

JMCFAN
March 21st, 2005, 10:16 AM
can someone give me a quick "how to" on broadhead tuning? My field poinds shoot fine... broadheads are all over the place :mad:

Bow-zo
March 21st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Hey JMCFAN, How are ya?
Checkout the post by Silverback "Broadhead Problem" from a few days ago.
Some good info there about Broadheads.

C-ya..Dave!

buckfeverben
March 22nd, 2005, 09:23 AM
First, spin check your arrows tipped with broadheads to make sure you don't have any wobble. If they wobble, they will never fly right. Depending on your arrow, if you have a wobble, it's likely because the shafts were not cut square or your insert is not properly alligned. I use an arrow squaring device to make sure shafts are square before installing inserts. After you make sure your arrows are spinning true, if you still have problems grouping field points with broadheads, it's time to micro tune your rest and get the groups to merge, then adjust your sights if need be.

bfisher
March 22nd, 2005, 09:55 AM
It's also possible your arrows are underspined for the bow. No that it's the only answer, but try turning the weight down while your going through a complete tuning process. And if you don't already have it then get Easton's Tuning Guide from their website. This oughta help. Print it and you'll have it.