PDA

View Full Version : Paper tuning allegiance w/ TT shakey Hunter

bigdogmastiff
March 21st, 2005, 11:08 AM
Hello Experts,

I am having a tough time paper tuning my allegiance 29"/70# 80% let-off.

I started with a level arrow just above the berger holes and got a drastic low nock tear. I moved the rest down 1/16" at a time to as much as 1/2" and cannot get a reasonable bullet hole (all nock low). :angry:

I have tried bare shafts and fletched shafts all at stabilizer length.

My arrows are GT 5575 with 2.25" quickspins and 100 gr points. These arrows paper tuned just fine with the bisquit, but I like the TT if I can get it to work.

Thanks,
Eric

Elkman
March 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Did you check your tiller?

bigdogmastiff
March 21st, 2005, 11:30 AM
But I don't know how to check the tiller

Elkman
March 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM
Hold the bow in your left hand with it facing to your left.
Hold a arrow in your right hand and stick it point first into the limb pocket gap, "where the limb goes into the riser" and put your finger behind the sting holding the arrow and move the arrow up and down to find the shortest distance from that point. When you have that measurement, hold your finger there tightly and move the arrow down to the bottom limb to riser gap and see if it is the same distance to the string. With the bianary cam it should be the same or 1/16 to 1/8 inch shorter on the bottom.
If you don't get it, just ask and I will shoot a couple of pics for ya :)

bigdogmastiff
March 21st, 2005, 11:53 AM
I'll check when i get home

thanks

Jabwa
March 21st, 2005, 12:29 PM
I am not familiar with your bow. Is it a unicam or a twin cam? If you provide this info I think I can provide some ideas. If it is a unicam, you can't use the above method to determine tiller.

bigdogmastiff
March 21st, 2005, 08:03 PM
I checked the tiller it was good

Decided to start all over i.e tied on a new nock point - put a d-loop below the knock and started with a level arrow at the top of the berger hole. I also lengthend the time the rest is up buy about an inch in the process.

Shot 5 arrows through paper and all bullet holes.

Thanks again, eric

bboswell
March 21st, 2005, 10:01 PM
Your arrow is too weak. You MIGHT get by with it using 75g. tips but for sure any heavier tip and the arrow will be weak.

To verify try a lighter head and shoot through paper and see if the tear gets better.

Medic167
March 22nd, 2005, 12:43 AM
I agree with bboswell. Try the 7595(or even the 22 series). I shot 5575s out of my Allegiance and found it to be too light a spine for the bow. Having much better success since the change. Good luck!