PDA

View Full Version : Hoyt Cam and 1/2 ?

czecheiko
March 21st, 2005, 03:18 PM
Protec w/ xt 3000. I have a 28.75 - 29" draw. Which cam size will allow me to shoot in the "D" or "E" position? Cam B or Cam C? Problem is I don't want to shoot Cam "C" in the b or c position and don't want to shoot Cam "B" in the f position. Thoughts??????????

BowOnly
March 22nd, 2005, 05:45 AM
B cam is your answer..... I guess you want that extra 10fps?? :wink:

TCR1
March 22nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
Are ypu saying that the D or E positions are better for efficiency and generating speed on any cam?

Jabwa
March 22nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
Change your string length.

Hoyt1967
March 22nd, 2005, 10:19 PM
I think you are right on the money on your figures, why dont you want to shoot a "b" cam in the "f" slot? Are you concerned with speed or running out of adjustment? Otherwise a "c" will put you in the b or c by my calculations also. Im wonerding your concerns with this not trying to be a smart a@@ by any means. Is a "b" cam faster than a "c"??

Ian
March 23rd, 2005, 02:48 AM
Yep it's faster having your draw be in the e-f rather than a-b. Should be slightly faster than being c-d as well.

Just look at xtec vs vtec. 5fps difference from pretty much identical spec bows. Think they used different cam sizes to get the vtec a little speed. Cause both bows have the same ata, brace height, limbs, etc.... Just the updated riser on vtec with the same geometry.

czecheiko
March 23rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
Its all a matter of personal preference and what you are looking for. I really dont care about speed as much on this set up because it is going to be my spot bow. BUT, Ive heard from Hoyt techs that the bows perform better in the longer slots and have a more solid wall in these slots as well. However, the bow will be a little smoother pulling in the shorter slots. Ah, the agony!!!!!