PDA

View Full Version : center shot and nock

deermaster
March 21st, 2005, 06:19 PM
is the center shot position when the rest is lined up w/ the string? is the right nock position when you ajust the rest elevation or nock until the arrow is level when the bow is level? if both of these are done will the bow need paper tuning?
THANK FOR ALL INFO!!!!!!

tjb357452
March 21st, 2005, 09:42 PM
Center shot is positioning the arrow on the rest so that it lies in the center of the riser and forms a flat plane in conjunction with the string. This is a starting point. This center shot can change at full draw and most bows need a little tweaking to achieve a good center shot position. Same for nock point. Most bows achieve level arrow departure with the nock set being slightly higher than square. Each bow is different in this regard and requires a little tweaking to get it just right. Paper tuning can work for some, bare shaft tuning can work for others. I use a fletched shaft starting at 10 yards and make adjustments to achieve perfectly straight arrow entry. My starting point on a new bow is as close to zero as I can manage with the square and alignment of the shaft in the center of the bows geometry. I've always had to move something to bring the bow into the right tune for my shooting.

ftshooter
March 21st, 2005, 10:48 PM
...look at this site this is one of the best to help you with all you are needing.. It helped me a lot..

http://www.martinarchery.com/manual/2004manual/comp1.html

ursonvs
March 22nd, 2005, 12:20 AM
most companies have a factory "center shot" and they will tell you this in your owners manual. if you can't find it call your company and they will gladly tell you. now this is a starting point for me but at least it is a start. i have found several things wrong with papertuning and so what i do is go out and shoot out to 40 yards and get my group patterns. papertuning can misdirect you sometimes. even the slightest amount of bow torque can rip paper to shreads. group tune IMO is far better.

as for arrow level to the string i use 1/16" to 1/8" inch nock high on the string. i use a tuner blade to shoot and this gives me maximum clearance on the blade for the arrow because you are "preloading" the blade. on fallaways even though i don't use them i set them up level.