PDA

View Full Version : Winners Choice does stretch!

skywarrior
March 21st, 2005, 06:07 PM
I had WC string and cable put on my Icon by my local shop. I shoot a 60lb. Icon that is set at 53lbs. I marked the cam along the limb with a pencil before I fired the first arrow. After about five hundred arrows, the pencil mark has moved almost 1/4"! I do not have my receipt but sure would like to get my money back or at least get it replaced with another string. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. Any suggestions?

Ivorytooth
March 21st, 2005, 06:12 PM
Why get another string? I don't think they say it won't stretch or your money back. You got it shot in, get it back in time and shoot! You got the string shot in now. :D

What material is the string made out of? Some materials stretch more than others even if pre stretched.

bowmanhunter
March 21st, 2005, 06:26 PM
Nope, cant say I have ever had that happen. I have been using them for a few years. Is it still shooting well? Peep twist?

DJ

GBOW1
March 21st, 2005, 06:33 PM
I don't think there is a string made that dosen't stretch a little bit. The key is to shoot it in then re-tune and the good ones should stay there. I have shot WC strings & Cables and have not hade any stretch after the shoot in was over approx 200 to 300 shots. Give this a try and i think you will be happy with them after that.

mhoff15
March 21st, 2005, 06:49 PM
the string fiber itself might not stretch but it is prett hard to put a string on a bow and not have it seat/settle after a couple of shots

JMCFAN
March 21st, 2005, 07:15 PM
I think all the string manufactures tell you to install, shoot 50 or so arrows...and then install peep etc...

Kelsnore
March 21st, 2005, 07:40 PM
My first WC was in 02' factory installed on an 02' Patriot! That string stretched to hell and back. Cam barely went out of rotation. It seems to me it not a WC problem, but 8125 just stretchs! If you wanted a more stable string WC or any good manufacturer could have made it out 452X. Not saying 8125 is bad stuff, because it isn't, but it stretchs!

Bowtech Freak
March 21st, 2005, 07:51 PM
I have seen Winners choice cables stretch when left in a car during a hot summer day, I've seen this more than once actually. But they are a good string and all strings have problems, who's the best is not for me to say but all personal prefference.

sean
March 21st, 2005, 07:58 PM
string material is impregnated with wax and if you left it in a hot car and it streched its probably because the wax melted and leached to the outside of the string or the limbs also warp or expand when heated a hundred or so shots and the strings should be shot in plenty re adjust them acordingly and next time get 24 strands of 452.

tjb357452
March 21st, 2005, 08:19 PM
8125 has some creep over time. I get 1/4" to 3/8" stretch on a 97" string. This is not bad in my book and it doesn't take much to compensate. I've recently switched to 452X and haven't had any creep after 2500 shots. I think 452X may be a better material in this regard. I'm under the impression that 8125 is a little faster but I'd much prefer no string movement. I'm still using 8125 on several other bows and have found it to be a really first rate material with long life and good durability. I may keep using it for my hunting class bows and go with the 452X on the heavily used target bows.

RobN
March 21st, 2005, 09:26 PM
I would call Winners Choice, my experience with them has been good. I shot my bow 20-30 times and set everything and it has held steady. They do have a guarantee against string twist and stretch.

winter86
March 21st, 2005, 09:44 PM
I don't see the big deal....put 5 twists in the cable and don't worry about it.

Broadside_Shot
March 22nd, 2005, 04:55 PM
I have a winners choice string on my LX, easily have 2000 shots on it, yes it did stretch a little and the serving separated a little around the cam. I called winners choice, told them what happened and they sent me a new string. I had to send my old string to them. They ask for a credit card number and if you don't send your old string within thirty days they will charge you card. Had no problems what so ever.