PDA

View Full Version : Arrow flight issue?

mcal762mm
March 21st, 2005, 08:22 PM
Hello,
i've paper tuned my bow (bullet holes) at 10 ft and everything is set up properly but when my arrow gets to 30 yards i can see a fish tail on it? what maybe causing this? the arrow still hits where my pin is at 30 yds? Arrow speed is 260 fps Gold Tip 27" XT 375gr total arrow weight, draw weight 60 lb Fred Bear TRX 32, CAP B2 rest.
Thanks,
Mcal762

jerrytee
March 21st, 2005, 08:35 PM
Try shooting a bear shaft at 20 yds and see if it lands in the same place as a shaft with vanes on it also have a look at the Easton tuning guide on their website

Chief4hunting
March 22nd, 2005, 01:48 AM
What is your arrow setup? spine, tip type/weight, fletch, and FOC.

mcal762mm
March 22nd, 2005, 05:11 AM
Hello,
i'm shooting an Gold Tip XT 5575 cut to 27" with 4" vanes slight right offset maybe 2 degrees with a 85 grain field tip. weight is 375gr. FCO not for sure.
Thanks,
Mcal762

bfisher
March 22nd, 2005, 09:02 AM
You might try shooting through paper at several different distances, like 4, 10, and 15'. It rarely does mcu good beyond that . By 30 feet your fletching should be doing it's job.

Depending on the lighting and color of your fletching is it possible you are just seeing your fletching spinning, and think you see a wobble? It does happen.

CAJUNBOWHNTR
March 22nd, 2005, 09:27 AM
I see you are shooting a whisker bisquit.I am trying one also and am seeing something similar.getting good tears up close,but a nasty right tear at longer ranges.I have heard from a very reputable source about an issue with capture results giving a false tune up close.That is you may have a spine or other tuning issue.The bisquit stabilizes the arrow initially,but as the arrow flies farther the stabalizing effect wears off and the arrow starts fishtalling.

This is not an inditement of the WB rest.I like mine and plan on trying to use it.Just and issue you may be aware of.Has anyone else seen this?

CB

silverback
March 22nd, 2005, 09:44 AM
Is it possible that you are not holding form and subconsciously trying to see your arrow flight after the shot?

Try to focus on maintaining good form and use other means to determine if you have a tuning problem. You can try using broadheads and field points to see if there is a difference. Or go out to 40 yds. if you aren't getting left/right drift, then you are probably alright.