PDA

View Full Version : Setting spring tension on GKF Golden Premier????

Mike Trump
March 22nd, 2005, 12:51 PM
How important is it that the spring tension actually hold the arrow up when the bow is at rest? I have noticed thru paper tuning, that my setup shoots best when the spring tension is set light enough to not really support the arrow all that well when the bow is at rest. For example, if you move the bow up and down quickly, the arrow rest bobs up and down. But when the arrow is fully drawn, the actual weight on the rest decreases because much less of the arrow is hanging past the rest fulcrum point, and the rest then fully supports the arrow. Is this the right way to set spring tension? I've always had it set stiffer before, but in recent tuning sessions, I have noticed that the lower tension gives me much better arrow flight.

thanks,
mt

jonnybow
March 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
mt, I have found the same thing and have great arrow flight when I adjust the infinity rest to just enough spring tension to hold the arrow up when nocked. Sounds like you are doing the right thing.

Jon

nccrutch
March 22nd, 2005, 02:01 PM
Yep.

Hoyt1967
March 22nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
Mine also, if my spring tension is a little stiff it tears bad.

silverback
March 22nd, 2005, 03:02 PM
I agree. I also got better results when I took out the set screw and pulled the gold part away from the rest and sprayed some silocone into the rest. Mine was really dry and rough (after < 1 year of use). This made a big difference in my vertical tears.

GKF Tech
May 7th, 2005, 09:41 AM
There are 12 spring settings adjustment holes on the new Golden Premier,
Very adjustable,with Tuning Guage.
we find with most carbons bottom six is the setting for no high tear.

Stiffer or upper settings will give high tear.

GKF Tech

tjb357452
May 7th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Softer settings work better on any of the release rests. The prongs and lateral arm on the Golden Premier are real prone to a hard bounce if the rest is set too stiff. You're right on with your setting although I think you might get away with a setting that would fully support the arrow. (Provided the spine is correct.)