PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous-X Cam Adjustability

fmnnc
March 22nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Martin makes the following statement in their catalog with respect to the nitrous-x cam:

With this two cam, 3 base cam sizes and one rotating module can cover 9 inches of draw length on every bow model.

Can someone clarify this statement? Does this mean given one of three cams, a bow can cover a 3" span with respect to draw length adjustment? I'm about to purchase a ShadowCat Target Bow with the Nitrous-X Cam and would just like a little clarification.

Thanks

bfisher
March 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
The Nitrous has three different cam sizes (base cams) and one module which fits them all. Each cam covers a 3" drawlength range. You order one and I'm sure you get the right cam, but I guess you want to know more about it.

What is your usual drawlength?

660 Grizzly
March 23rd, 2005, 12:19 AM
fmnnc, have you seen one of these bows already? I am really interested in them as well but nobody up here seems to know much about them. The shoot-through string is new to me, but it seems to make some sense, as long as I am able to get forearm clearance.

Let me know how you make out with this bow, I would like to know a little more about it before I make the decision. How much are you looking at paying for this bow, are you getting painted or camo?

Thanks,

fmnnc
March 23rd, 2005, 11:26 AM
Since my last post I discovered that martin makes this VERY clear in their compound bow catalog which is available for download via their website. I'm currently a 29" draw length and given the data available, an "A" cam puts me in the middle with plently of adjustment, all without a bow press. This was probably one of the main selling features for me.

I've contacted a pro dealer and will be visiting them this weekend. He said there is a 6-8 week wait for the bow in Target RED! I can wait. I've got a feeling this is going to be a sweet bow! If you had done the research I have on all the various bows, you would more than likely agree this IS the target bow to have! :thumbs_up

Hollowpoint
March 23rd, 2005, 04:01 PM
There are 7 adjustment holes......the B cams on my RazorX's go from 29-32". ;)

bfisher
March 23rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
Since my last post I discovered that martin makes this VERY clear in their compound bow catalog which is available for download via their website. I'm currently a 29" draw length and given the data available, an "A" cam puts me in the middle with plently of adjustment, all without a bow press. This was probably one of the main selling features for me.

I've contacted a pro dealer and will be visiting them this weekend. He said there is a 6-8 week wait for the bow in Target RED! I can wait. I've got a feeling this is going to be a sweet bow! If you had done the research I have on all the various bows, you would more than likely agree this IS the target bow to have! :thumbs_up

Are you sure on the "A Base" for 29" draw? That sounds awfully small of a cam for that draw. Just want to make sure you get the right thing. I know the SlayR is a different bow but I have B cams on mine and that only goes up to 28". Of course I'm also aware that the ATA is different on them, too.

Hollowpoint
March 24th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Are you sure on the "A Base" for 29" draw? That sounds awfully small of a cam for that draw. Just want to make sure you get the right thing. I know the SlayR is a different bow but I have B cams on mine and that only goes up to 28". Of course I'm also aware that the ATA is different on them, too.
Not sure on the Cat, but the A cam on the RazorX Elite goes up to 30".

bfisher
March 24th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Hollowpoint,

Longer ATA bow. It makes sense.

ArcheryDreamin
March 31st, 2005, 10:59 PM
Mine orginally showed up with the B cams and the shortest we could get it was 29 1/2 with the factory strings. It was ordered to be accomadate a 28" draw. They sent me the A cams and I had custom strings made. With all strings to spec, my ATA is 41 1/4. Catalog says 40 1/4. With a draw length arrow, my setup measures 29" on the draw. According to the chart, it should be 28. Now, to get down the the 25" dl, you have to switch to the mini-mods, which are suppose to gain 2" on the bottom end of any cam. Therefore, allowing the 25"-35" advertised dl of the Shadowcat with the NitrousX system.

Archerybuff
March 31st, 2005, 11:05 PM
This link doesn't show all the different limb configurations. It does show the Magnum and Elite. I assume with red bow you are probably looking at the Elite limbs?
Hope this helps.

http://www.martinarchery.com/chart/chart.html

Darrell

PLASTIC PAUL
March 31st, 2005, 11:18 PM
The target version of the Cat only comes with the Elite limbs as far as i know. The hunting version has some options.

bcriner
April 1st, 2005, 07:38 AM
FMNNC -
Best thing to do is PM Crackers on here first. He can tell you which cam size to get to have the right draw and the best performance. You may want the A cam with the middle setting. It may be possible to get the B cam with mini modules and be faster. It depends. Crackers can definitely get it straight for you.

dillio67
April 1st, 2005, 09:18 PM
The mini mods will definitely go faster...been there done that.

FullThrottle91
April 3rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
I shoot a ShadowCat Elite N/X with "A" cam.
Latest position I've got 29.75" AMO
this is really a fast bow and very nice to shoot for target !
I will recommend the Platinum colour :thumbs_up
about the Limbs : I've choose to use 6M instead of 8L as MARTIN recommend.
they are much lighter and give better perf but I can't get more than 57# of course but it's fine with my arrows.

andy_smaga
April 3rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
From Martin charts
Shadowcat Elite M-67EN
A 27" 27 1/2" 28" 28 1/2" 29" 29 1/2" 30"
B 29" 29 1/2" 30" 30 1/2" 31" 31 1/2" 32"
C 32" 32 1/2" 33" 33 1/2" 34" 34 1/2" 35"
This is with standard modules, if you install the mini modules, you will go down about 2".
The Black Nickel color is unbelievable, go for it, even if it will increase the delivery time...you will not be disapointed :thumbs_up

FullThrottle91
Martin charts recommendation for 60# is 6H... (alors on dort pendant les cours... :D )