PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite spot........place & timing?

DTales
February 1st, 2012, 01:24 PM
With the season over for most of us, I've begun to daydream of my favorite hunting locations that I've been blessed to hunt over the years and finally came up with my all time favorite! If your bowhunting season was limited to one week a year where would you hang your stand and when?

For me:
Hartland, Vermont - second week of Oct.

Granted, I'm a bit nostalgic so I would head back to my roots. This would NOT be concidered a trophy hunt by any stretch of the imagination in fact I would be estatic with a doe! This is where I "cut my teeth" as a bowhunter and to be perched on a hardwood ridge over some acorns, along a cattail swamp trail crossing, or 25 yards off some abandoned apple trees during peak foliage would be TOPS for me. Maybe someday my ultimate scenerio could change but today this would be my "favorite spot of all time".

Where's yours? Remember, it has to be a place you've hunted before - I'm looking forward to the reponses.

davydtune
February 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
I have a spot here in NW PA I've been hunting for 16 seasons now. I'm in that stand every 10th of November and I sit all day if needed. I've killed 10 bucks from that stand on November 10th, anywhere from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm with most being around 1 or 2 pm. Don't know what the deal is but I'll take it :D

25ft-up
February 1st, 2012, 02:21 PM
If bow was only 1 week, I would hang my stand up in the garage right now, use the license fees for photography equipment, and hunt deer year round with it.

kyhunter5569
February 1st, 2012, 04:46 PM
First week of November on a private farm in Ohio that I love so much!!

flatline,ks
February 1st, 2012, 05:11 PM
Our old farmstead, 8acres of over run brush and trees, nov8ish through thanksgiving. MAGICAL place in those days only. Kinda weird.

Buksknr53
February 1st, 2012, 05:14 PM
My favorite spot is on a creek bottom about 100 yards behind our clubhouse. My spot is right between a bedding area and a feeding area. The creek flows from the feeding area and dissapears into the thick bedding area. I have seen deer going back and forth, following the creek, all times of day. I have killed 12 deer from this spot over the last 15 years. This spot is a great place to ambush turkeys in the evening too. They come marching in each evening between 5:00 and 5:30 to roost in an old stand of pines that stretch down to the bottom. There are also lots of white oaks in the bottom as well. Scent controll is a must for this area because it is somewhat surrounded by hills and any deer not following the creek will bust you every time depending on the wind and time of day.

hrcarver
February 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Second week of november on my home farm. Ahh.

DTales
February 2nd, 2012, 07:17 PM
ttt

spec
February 2nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
1st week of Nov. Ridge top oak flat that borders cedars where the does return to their daytime bedding area with the wind at their backs. When the does come "in" it doesn't get any better.