PDA

View Full Version : Florida hog hunt in april / turkey

kevinsulikowski
February 10th, 2012, 12:30 AM
HI looking for alittle help heading to florida in april with the fam looking to do a one or two day hog hunt. was looking into camp david hunt club, chappys, oseola outdoors, hawg wild and there was one more any suggestions? as far as i can tell camp david is not guarrentied but has no trophy fees or tag limit? also are there any good public land spots for turkey mainly interested in hog but MAY LOOK INTO TURKEY ALSO.

kevinsulikowski
February 10th, 2012, 10:20 PM
cant believe any of you florida guys dont have any hog hunt recomendations. called a few local gun shops and they couldnt even give me any names. everyone must not hunt and go to disney lol.

CamoCop
February 12th, 2012, 03:10 AM
you will have to book with an outfitter unless you know someone with private land for the hog hunting. all hog hunting on public land closes at the end of small game season on WMA's. if you get here at the beginning of April, you will be in time for the turkey hunt but the non resident hunting license and turkey stamps aren't cheap.

CamoCop
February 12th, 2012, 03:11 AM
i can't recommend any outfitters because i have never used any.

kevinsulikowski
February 13th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks camocop yeah noticed the tag price on turkey alittle much for a bird. Will pass on that for this year. Called chappys and camp david on friday still no return call. Just emailed another outfitter another member suggested

Rice rocket
February 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Generally most of us here in Florida hate hogs certainly wouldn't pay to kill one sorry that's probably why we are not much help

kevinsulikowski
February 14th, 2012, 08:12 PM
i heAR YOU RICE ROCKET I PROB WOULDNT PAY TO HUNT HOGS DOWN THERE EITHER IF I LIVED THERE. THE SISTER IN LAW LIVES IN PORT ORANGE BUT SHE DOESNT KNOW MANY PEOPLE WISH SHE DID. I COULD PROB HUNT FOR FREE LOL. ILL KEEP TRYING SURE ILL FIND SOMETHING.

Rice rocket
February 14th, 2012, 09:08 PM
no intent to come across harsh if I did

kevinsulikowski
February 15th, 2012, 10:54 PM
replyed to pms. no you sure didnt come across harsh. looks like turkey season may be an obstacle for my hunt sicce it goes out on the 19th which is the week im going. Did get ahold of camp david earlier today around noon and he was going to call me back in two hours still waiting lol. he did say that he was guiding turkey hunters that week and knew he had the 20th open but had to check his calendar for earlier dates. one problem is im leaving for home the 20th so may not be enough time to process a hog if i get one. I guess id turn away a hog hunt too if i had paying turkey hunters. but atleast id call them back and say i was booked and maybe we could do something next time. sure hope to find something in the next week or so kinda getting discouraged.

kevinsulikowski
February 15th, 2012, 11:32 PM
any of you florida guys want to take a yankee hog hunting? lol. maybe we can make a swap of some sort?

MIKEY CUSTOM-G
February 15th, 2012, 11:53 PM
The hog hunting guides you see advertized are basically "canned hunts". Why ??? They high fence off some acreage and bring hogs in that were trapped from other places like dairy farms and cattle ranches,cut loose and find the corn feeders or are rustled up with dogs and buggy's. Not true hog hunting in my book.

most of us who live here in Florida have hunting leases or property we hunt that is "free roaming" of critters and thats how we who live here mostly hunt or trap. If your down my way and i'm available,i'll take you bow hunting for hogs.

kevinsulikowski
February 16th, 2012, 12:17 AM
deff not looking for a canned hunt. but a good quallity free range hunt no fences. over a feeder, spot and stalk or with dogs but free ranging. I will be staying in Kissimmee. one day i will venture down to fort drum to rucks pit hope to find some of those nice clams.

kevinsulikowski
February 17th, 2012, 11:49 PM
think im going to book with deep sout outfitters. Anyone ever been there?

bg305
March 11th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Try this place out i hunted them. The ranch is about 7 or 8000ac and is free range. The owners name is terry and he's a great person to work and hunt with.

http://www.longwoodhammockoutfitters. com/

kevinsulikowski
March 14th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Already booked with Deep South Outfitters $250.00 for two hogs skinned and quartered.

wareagle88
March 19th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Let us know how it turns out.

kevinsulikowski
March 25th, 2012, 11:33 PM
will do wareagle88. few more weeks till the hunt.april 17th cant come soon enough.