PDA

View Full Version : 3 Under shooting to the left

CWW
February 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Hi all, recently started shooting 3 under and all is going fairly well. At first the arrows will go to the spot that I'm aiming at but after awhile they start grouping to the left, I feel like this is a form issue but I just cant put my finger on it. I'm shooting 29" 1916's with 125 gr. tips from 45# and 50# recurves which I feel is correct for these bows. Any thoughts on what is going on? Thanks

Viper1
February 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
cww -

1916s should be borderline stiff on the 45# and very close on the 50# (depending on the types of bows and tune).

Assuming no new form flubs, the odds are going to 3U changed the relationship between the tail of the arrow and your eye, effectively changing your sight picture.

Std rec: Shotgun a few arrows and see if you are actually aiming off or the arrows are veering off. If the former, you'll have to correct it, if the latter, you may need to weaken the spine.

Viper1 out.

WindWalker
February 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Draw-length, bow types, string type and strand count, brace heights, fletch seup?

mitchell
February 18th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Several things can cause this if you are putting the shaft under your target in your peripheral vision. Slightly canting the bow more or less from shot to shot can move the arrow left or right. Also, if you are using a soft tissue anchor point you may be anchoring slightly more in or out.

One way to check this is to shoot with the bow verticle and align the string down the edge of the shaft. Now you may not want to shoot that way permanently, but if you can do that and get consistent left and right, it may sort of confirm some inconsistency in cant and or anchoring with the shaft in the same spot under the eye shot after shot.

If its happening when you get tired, it could also be creeping (losing back tension). I am not certain that would make the arrow go left; one of these other guys could clear that up.