PDA

View Full Version : 75 grain Muzzy 3 blade?

emmac13
February 13th, 2012, 04:10 PM
What did you think of them? They have the TOCAR tips and aluminum ferule. I ordered a pack of six. Some of the reviews at Cabelas were mixed.

Stanley
February 13th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Used them for quite a few years. Switched to STs

emmac13
February 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM
How were they Stanley? I have used STs. But I got a good deal on these so figured I'd give them a try.

mossihornslayer
February 13th, 2012, 05:43 PM
they work great for my wife. 55lb Drenalin 28 dl 330 gr gt hunter 248 fps. pass through a 6pt qt to in shoulder, 27yards.

Wholaverj
February 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Dude, do yourself a favor. Check out the QAD Exodus heads...absolutely thee best head on the market, period. Fly amazing, quiet, 1 1/4" cut and so sharp its stupid...these things are the real deal. Not the molded injection junk broadhead production method but 100% 400 grade stainless steel..they are amazing and built bombproof. Im the most analytical person ever and I could not find 1 thing I didnt LOVE about these heads. They are perfection.

Emphysema
February 13th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Dude they will work get what you feel will work the best for your set up. Do not go with what anyone else tells you if they fly good with your set up you will be happy with them.

emmac13
February 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I just hope they are tough and durable. Aluminum tipped ferrules are usually good for one shot. But these have tocar tips. And the blades are thinner than most others. Was just curious. If they are not shooters I will look somewhere else.

Emphysema
February 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Only way to know is to try them, you may love them as someone else may hate them. Again its a personal preference thing There are so many flamers on these forums and asking a simple question turns into a if you do not use what i use your screwed type of topic.

Just like I could have came on here and been like hey ST's are the best thing around. I do not do that because I have used muzzy's and like them very much as well. They both work they both do the same thing and they both flew great with my set up kind judge or say one is or was better than the other.

Iron drinker
February 13th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Back in my "overdrawl days" I shot Muzzy 75gr. They flew perfect and I always had a pass through.

South Man
February 15th, 2012, 11:22 PM
If you are talking about the new MX3 75 grain low pofile heads these are some of the best Muzzy has ever come out with. Fly great and work well.

The Reverend
February 15th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Good heads, uncle and cousin have used them for years with no problems. I'm sure you'll get some smartguy saying they're not enough head and you need like a 125. I've shot 75's for most of my bowhunting life and you will never convince me a heavier broadhead killer thems any deader.