PDA

View Full Version : G2XL and string stretch

rstoker
April 3rd, 2005, 08:40 AM
Hi there...new to archery talk..love the great info found here.

I own a g2XL buckmaster and love the bow. I shoot alot of paper in the winter and I average 580 on a 600 round target. I have cable stretch and string stretch problems. I am considering getting new strings....what should I look into? :smile:

Any advice also on how I could raise my scores some more?

PSEtarget978
April 3rd, 2005, 10:12 AM
Winners choice strings are very good and last a long time heres a link to there site

Winners choice bowstrings (http://www.winnerschoicestrings.com/)

Hope that helps :smile:

KBacon
April 3rd, 2005, 10:32 AM
Vapor Trail...

rock monkey
April 3rd, 2005, 10:33 AM
g2 and g2xl are probably one of the better bows to come out of gainesville in a long long time. the worst thing on those bows are the trash-twist strings. the build quality of those strings are second only to stink.

winners choice are always a good option, stone mountain, crackers, prostring and many others.

i myself prefer my own strings over anyone elses because i control the quality.

now.....if i had to make a push for an aftermarket string maker, it would be GAS strings. they came on my CSS System as stock, and after getting them settled and the peep to where i wanted it as far as rate of rotation, they havent moved. build quality is very high, and he uses BCY 452x. i perfer ultracam from brownell, but so far, the 452x is impressing me. bcy also has a better color variety over the brownell materials. servings are tight, but i prefer mine to be super tight, this isnt a negative by any means, just something i prefer. end loops are served and the end servings are very tight too. all in all, a very good string.

if i didnt make my own strings, i would buy another set of GAS strings without hesitation.

tjb357452
April 3rd, 2005, 02:03 PM
Vapor Trail and Pro Strings. There are others as good, but I've never felt a need to try anything else. No comparison with the typical factory installed string. (Apologies to Bowtech, they use good strings on their bows.)