PDA

View Full Version : trad division in vegas for 2013

deadeyedickwc
April 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
here is whats going on with this,i had a chance this past weekend to talk with the nfaa people ,about adding a trad div in vegas,so the trad people do not have to shoot with the bare bow div ,we talked to the adult div and the sr div here in louisville, and most wanted to see if we could do this.i will be working with john wert from lancaster archery,to get this off the ground the nfaa waf meeting is in september,so i want to get a presentation together for them,what we are looking at is a division in the flights,the current cost is $175 the division would include adult senior and women classes all in one,that is so we can get the numbers to start,to show the nfaa this will work,if we get more shooters in the future then we can adjust into adult senior and women's. the vegas shoot is a 3 day shoot at the southpoint hotel. the 2013 dates are feb 8th through the 10th. i will keep you informed as to whats going on, what i need now is a show of hands ,to see how many we may have,I'm not going to try and put the division in the championship division because of the cost $275 ,i feel we can get more to attend at the lower entry fee.depending on how may we get will determine how many spots pay out, but if your like me,winning the money isn't the number one issue here its getting bodies to shoot, the rest will take care of its self.so u asked for it now lets see if we can do it,thanks richard lucangioli

Sanford
April 3rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
deadeye, if one was offered, I would shoot it.

CLASSICHUNTER
April 3rd, 2012, 04:20 PM
I think show of hands would be better if you enlightened us with how payout will go and expected guaranteed money and to what spot and pay structure at least .... will it be same as other classes ... and could you post a break down.. not that I am a contender but I would or maybe go ... shot vegas before and we recurve guys did not stand a chance against compounds and also we shot a 3 spot target .... which is even tougher.. should be a single spot and that should be part of the criteria as well...just a couple of thoughts and hope it helps as the shooters do not want any surprises.. thanks...

BLACK WOLF
April 3rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
i had a chance this past weekend to talk with the nfaa people ,about adding a trad div in vegas,so the trad people do not have to shoot with the bare bow div

That's AWESOME, Rich. I can't think of a better person to help lead this. I would LOVE to see a trad class for next year. Vegas is close enough for me to afford that shoot. Count me in next year if you get it passed.

Ray :shade:

rsarns
April 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
As I said on the other site, I am in.

BLACK WOLF
April 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
we shot a 3 spot target .... which is even tougher.. should be a single spot and that should be part of the criteria as well...just a couple of thoughts and hope it helps as the shooters do not want any surprises.. thanks...

LOL...that was my biggest surprise. I was told before hand that we would have our choice....so I practiced on the single spot for 3 mon. preparing for it...and when I got to Vegas...they told me we could ONLY shoot the 3 spot. Talk about messing with your head...LOL

I 200% agree that the Trad Class should be able to choose between the single spot and the 3 spot!!!! :thumbs_up

Ray :shade:

CLASSICHUNTER
April 3rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
I was told the same 4 years ago had never shot a 3 spot till I walked up to my butt with my name on it...talk about single shot tournament... lol lol lol humbling for sure...

ALLTALK
April 3rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
I would shoot it for sure..100%

deadeyedickwc
April 3rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
you can shoot a single spot now in the bare bow div but that would be put in the list for the nfaa, as for pay outs the nfaa has a formula depending on how many shooters are in a class,

rsarns
April 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
They have been allowing BB and anyone that wants to use a single spot to use it..

CLASSICHUNTER
April 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
vegas was a 3 spot and no choice have they changed it for barebow ...?????we are talking vegas not kentucky as you saw them shoot nfaa target...

Sanford
April 3rd, 2012, 08:35 PM
Freestyle Limited Recurve also was allowed to flip to the single spot in Vegas.

rsarns
April 3rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
vegas was a 3 spot and no choice have they changed it for barebow ...?????we are talking vegas not kentucky as you saw them shoot nfaa target...

Yes in Vegas.... not sure how long ago it was changed but its been a few years at least.

barebowguy
April 4th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I will be there and you have been able to shoot the single spot for at least 4 years

CLASSICHUNTER
April 4th, 2012, 02:40 AM
I guess it was over 4 years since I went...time flies...

pokynojoe
April 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
How about a Master Senior division? Just kidding, it sounds like a great plan. Although I would never be able to attend, I hope it's accepted, and it would be great for those that can.

Leon Hinton
April 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Where do I find the rules.LCH

rsarns
April 5th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Leon, not sure what exact rules you are looking for but you can find equipment and style rules here:

http://www.nfaa-archery.org/field/styles.cfm

Leon Hinton
April 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM
How far would we have to shoot?LCH

rsarns
April 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Vegas is 18M

Bender
April 6th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Any idea on how it would work given NFAA's finally admitting a longbow class?

Jimmy Blackmon
April 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I think we'd all be thrown in the same class the first year. If we had good numbers with LB and RECs then they might consider breaking us out next year, but one step at a time.

CLASSICHUNTER
April 6th, 2012, 09:00 AM
under rules are we allowed 2 string nocks seems we are ... when I read rules and did not see arrow rules and configuration other than all the same ..are carbons and glue in tips allowed ??? look to be...

deadeyedickwc
April 6th, 2012, 12:55 PM
any arrows up to 27 if you have a arrow wrap it makes it to big on most 27