PDA

View Full Version : looking for archery range Roswell, GA

shamrockmc2
May 3rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
Hi,

This is my first post in these forums. I moved down from NY and don't know the area that well. I live off of Holcomb Bridge Road just outside of the Roswell, GA area. Does anyone know of an archery range in the vacinity? I've been looking on line and not having very good luck doing so. I was interested in archery as a youth and just bought a new bow... a samick sage takedown recurve... my wife and I would like to start shooting asap. Any information will be very appreciated.

Nyxie
May 4th, 2012, 03:22 PM
From what I can tell, Atlanta is a vast archery wasteland. The only thing I've found is The Archery Learning Center in Snellville, but that's a bit of a trek for you. Good luck.

4him
May 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Welcome to Archery Talk! My wife and I shoot the North Georgia Archery Club circuit, I think there is a range in Cartersville ( not sure), we have our own mini range at home but public ranges are non existent in N. Ga. Feel free to PM me to try and get you guys shooting. David.

shamrockmc2
May 6th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Just got 10 aluminum arrows from Dicks today... ones I can afford and practice with lol. Too bad there was no indicator for what their spine was or how many pounds. I guess for now ill have to shoot in my apartment :) traveling miles upon miles (cartersville) is a bit far for us, woodstock would be a little better tho.

vlesiv
September 11th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Let me bring this thread back to life.

I live in Atlanta and I've been using Panola park range (south west of Atlanta), great range. Also BigWoodsGods range in Canton up north, Governors gun club (Powder Springs) - excellent indoor range, also that outdoor range in Acworth.

But it is too much drive every time. Now I'm moving to Roswell - looking for a local range there. Guys, have you found the good place to shoot since the last time you posted into this thread? Any suggestions are welcome

Thank you

TheScOuT
September 11th, 2014, 10:44 PM
I am in Lilburn...I drive down to Panola State park.